Tell Your Story With Character Customization

With my worgen? I can’t, because we didn’t even get a solid true black fur or a posture option for males! Or tail options! Or separate scar options!

I really wanted my worgen to at least be solid, rich black - and I was dreaming that maybe he could stand up straight and get a posture option, like orcs do (and like all hunched races should get now that orcs paved the way for it). Male worgen feel stupidly short and small compared to other races in the game or even worgen females.

Humans didn’t get separate scar options, either - and they didn’t even get tattoos. Kul’Tirans, the sailor race, didn’t get tattoos. What’s up with that? And why can’t humans have stubbles now finally, since orcs have had them since release?

Why do night elves, dwarves, orcs, tauren, and - to some degree - darkspear trolls get SO much infinitely more than every other race? Draenei didn’t even get eye color options.

Allied races, who already had the fewest choices in the game alongside certain eternally overlooked races like worgen and virtually all the males in the game (especially on Alliance), got basically nothing.

This customization really needs a whole lot more evening-out and listening to what players want.

3 Likes

I hope you guys consider giving Draenei at least purple eyes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wanna I really do but just keep getting, “Character creation timed out.”

The developers should have implemented a toggle in the Barber Shop to allow players choose between the “reimagined” backpedal animations, or to continue using the pre-Shadowlands versions. These animations are too divisive to be forced on every player.

The new worgen backpedal animations are exceptionally poor quality. There is significant clipping, and are unbelievable due to how far forward the character leans while taking such large steps. It is surprising that these animations ended up making it into an official release, despite all of the negative feedback they generated.

The lighting in the barbershops are still just as bad as when the problem was reported weeks back on the PTR. I shouldn’t need to make flying out to the boonies Cosmowrench in Netherstorm part of my experience.

:blush: BAD. I can’t customize it because all my characters are without textures on the skin, hair and eyes.
And the error has been occurring since the PTR

I wanted to race change my death knight from mechagnome to void elf, but i can’t because my dk is too low level and doesn’t meet the level 60 minimum requirement for race change. So now i’m stuck a silly mechagnome until whenever the heck shadowlands launches

I was hoping to see more options for female blood elves. I like what I’ve seen so far but it still seems lacking in options.

2 Likes

Massively disappointed with the Horde options for customization in comparison to the Alliance… 30+ faces compared to 6-8. I get it. The Horde is more popular and you gotta make the Alliance attractive (literally and figuratively) somehow but… Everyone knows that Transmogging and Barber Shop are the true endgame here. LOL.

But seriously, hopefully you plan on expanding some more options to the Horde for character customization as well. By comparison its absurdly underwhelming.

Additionally, the hype of “Druids can customize their shapeshifted forms” is even more disappointing since Druid is one of my favorite classes and literally there isn’t but overall body color to customize. I was expecting more with the whole “Hundreds of new options, thousands of possibilities!” hype. Nah, just five. Blue, red, black, white-ish, brown. Go for it Druids, pick what basic pallet you wanna smear all over your form…

3 Likes

My character looks like freaking nightmare fuel in game. Hair, beard, feet, and arm textures are pitch black. None of my characters have eyeballs anymore.

Seems to be an issue for AMD Phenom people :frowning:

Blizzard didn’t add very many new options for Blood Elves, like:

Scars, Tattoos, Ripped ears, more than 3 new hair styles, more eye colors.

Feels lack luster. Blue eyes, blind eyes and mixed a bit. 3 new hair styles and skin tones to represent irl. Please add more! :frowning:

5 Likes

I will once my characters are found.

Still cant see any textures or color other than black or red eyes. Also if you take off your gear you become an empty void creature. using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. Hoping on any kind of blue on this as it is one of the features I cant use lol.

I want scars for Allied races .

I need one to go with my eye patch.

I love being able to use the Owl Cat as balance, had a lot of options for all my forms besides Balance but maybe they’ll add a few in the future.

I can’t cause my “character with that name already exists on this server”, for the entire evening.

I remember when bugs got squashed before PTR versions became release.

I’d love to try, but the skins are not showing on my characters, all I see is a black (empty) texture.

Well I was hoping since it was the death themed expansion about Sylvanas, and with Velonara staying Horde and referring to her kin within the Horde we would have Dark Ranger options.

But apparently High Elves made more sense? Happy for them I guess but if you were in a time crunch idk something for fans of undead Elves seems more applicable.

San’layn?

if this is your idea of a patch day then close the stupid doors and close shop. This is completely ridiculous, cant even get online to play the stupid patch much less send and in game ticket for your sorry game! SOOOOO over it.

I’ll let you know when I’m able to login or create a character.