Tell my about your lost hopes in BfA

BfA is probably the worst expansion which affect the game. WoD was also bad but you can avoid it in comparison to BfA. I wanted to ask you which hopes in characters/factions did you lost during BfA? I’ll start:

• I can’t take the Horde seriously any longer. Sorry but a second identity crisis is just bull💩 and it’s just sad that Blizz took the opportunity to abuse it the second time by letting the horde keeping their dictatorship aka warchief. I doubt that it will take a good end or that the horde will finally learn through their mistakes.

• I’m not a Sylvanas fan, but I think they brought her into a position where her fans don’t want to see her. She stopped be the character in the background who do morally questionable things and became the warchief where everyone see it. Now she stucks between being Garrosh or Kerrigan, things which stop let her be the leader of the Forsaken. Let’s not forget the awful thinks which Golden made canon like that they don’t had a life before being a forsaken, being very emotional and that they’re not able to clap. How the future of the race should look like… I dunno…

• As a Night Elf fan I’m also really upset because Blizz abused them again. I mean they we’re nothing else than punching bag since Cata or only there to let Varian look good, but they made it even worse with BfA. Incompetent Tyrande gave incompetent Anduin the command over her troops and yeah… the remaining Night Elves life in a pumpkin farm now and their civilization destroyed to show us sad orcs and humans. I doubt they can fix the damage of their image anymore.

Now what BfA destroyed for you?

42 Likes

Gul’dan voice
Everything.

36 Likes

I disagree. MoP was awful imo. MoP is the expac that I spent the most time unsubbed. It just was not for me. Until the Darkspear Revolution and the Siege of Org. Everything before that was very “meh”.

I would put BfA miles ahead of Cata, MoP, and WoD.

But BfA did destroy a few things for me.

Baine and Saurfang. I liked them before BfA. Now, I dont.

I dont need them killed, though. They can be there without offending me too much. I just have no interest in them at all. They are now just lame-tier to me, like Medan or something.

During Legion I used to like the idea of Warchief Baine and Mayla ruling over a peaceful Horde and Azeroth, once Sylvanas stepped aside. (I always doubted she would be the final Warchief. She would probably upgrade her position if she could).

This was before BtS and BfA. Then they were released.

When I read Baine sent a piece of his horn to Anduin… Oi vey. That was a “womp womp” moment for me. Then he gets all mad about Jaina’s brother of all things.

When I think of my previous desire to see him be Warchief, I think: “Am I in the Twilight Zone?” Because I might get what I wanted in the worst way.

25 Likes

Not just the Horde either. I mean, honestly I CAN’T take them seriously anymore either, but I also can’t take the Alliance seriously. You know when you’re preparing for job interviews and the question of what are your biggest flaws come up. It feels like the Alliance characters are the equivalent of “I’m too much of a perfectionist” or “I can be too kind”. It just feels so fake.

20 Likes

The blue warchief is just a bad idea since Anduin (who choose this guy even?). I mean I could even understand why they gave Varian this position, he have the right attributes for it but Anduin? All the guy do is to try have piece with the Horde again and not to win the current war imo. Being passive sucks aswell ofc but I still see opportunities to change it, if we get rid of the Golden boy somehow. I mean every new warchief/high king is a new face for the faction and the alliance had a very good face before Anduin in terms of the Horde.

12 Likes

Funny enough, I was fine until slain Night Elves working for Sylvanas. I kinda get that there needs to be a reason for the horde in Darkshore to make a warfront but what’s the reason for these undead night elves to work with Sylvanas to attack the night elves?

16 Likes

That’s not important right now we’ll tell you later.

33 Likes

I agree. Honestly the worst thing about this expansion imho, and there are plenty bad things, is that the blue warchief exists while simultaneously adding even more legitimate reasons for having the Horde be led by council.

The trials and tribulations that a council brings I believe are compelling. There can be amazing stories in that. It could be the way to go. BUT THAT SHOULDN’T BE THE HORDE’S STORY. IT SHOULD BE ALLIANCE. They don’t have to be warmongers or…“Warbringers” (this IS BFA hype)…

Say she wasn’t the cause of the war, also in desperate need to defend her Northern Border. Then brings them back without free-will. Imagine the more morally complex nature THAT question would bring. More complex than “Bring Derek back to kill maybe 2 people.”

10 Likes

They stole pages from Bungie’s playbook before the latter split from ActiBlizz. “I don’t have time to explain why I don’t have time to explain” has been used by at least Voss, Garona, and Sira so far.

14 Likes

I try to remain optimistic until the damage is clearly done. In the case of BfA:

• Recently, declaring that the Night Warrior episode is the response to Teldrassil. That was… saddening. That felt like more of a loss than a win, with night elves being raised as undead, and some random Val’kyr that, we presume, was one of the nine being slain in exchange. A trade off is fine, but the scales are so tipped against the night elves over the course of this xpac that it does bother me.
  • Horde heroes who were of a more balanced bent going all in on open warfare. Yes, mechanically, this needed to happen to an extent, but it involved some real personality shifts. Sometimes it feels less like another identity crisis, and more that Garrosh’s Horde never really left.

I think I’ll leave it there.

24 Likes

That another expansion about the faction war would be better than the last.

1 Like

More complex? I’m not even certain how Sylvanas figured how to set Nazjatar as a trap.

edit: just humoring the story with sylvanas.

1 Like

(I could tell you were joking :smiley:)
Whew buddy, don’t get me started on those problems.

1 Like

I hoped Sylvanas would step up as Warchief, or if we couldn’t have that, she’d be the scheming banshee she was in the Worgen start zone, not a mustache-twirling villain going bwahaha as she leads the Alliance into a Bond Villain trap. I hoped that we’d spend the entire expansion trying to learn the truth behind Teldrassil, and that it wouldn’t be as obvious as “Sylvanas did it.”

I hoped that, if we had to return to all-out war, it would have some weight and gravitas behind it, not this nonsensical storyline with plotholes you could lose the Vindicaar in.

15 Likes

Before I begin, I just want to point out that you cannot say you could avoid WoD. Back when that was all there was, you couldn’t avoid it any more than you can avoid BfA now.

Now my issues with the lore from BfA is rather simple.

Going in, Blizzard implied that this war was going to be a war for the precious resource of Azerite, and that was interesting. Then we saw Teldrassil burned down and they were very quiet on how it happened. And we had our speculations. What if the Alliance was stock piling Azerite on the Tree then it exploded during the fight with the Horde and that took out the tree? What if the Alliance finally decided to move on Lordaeron and the Horde retaliated by attacking Teldrassil? We even expected Azshara to set up the Horde. Either way, it was going to be good ol’ Horde vs Alliance with both sides having actual reasons to believe they were in the right. Then Blizzard revealed they actually can’t tell a more interesting story than a 16 year old fanfiction(.)com writer and we’re in MoP 2: Undead Gigolo.

EDIT: Oh and Azerite, that sh might as well not even exist because nobody has even mentioned the stuff aside from Magni.

35 Likes

Go ahead, we can’t be fans if we hadn’t critic it.

I would ramble that Ashvane has been underutilized.

6 Likes

I wish the Council of 3 hammers would get some main storytime instead of super small support roles, if any. Moira’s baby has been in that crib since Cata too.

9 Likes

Agree, “implied” is putting it nicely too. But there are people who legitimately find this story compelling. I’m not one of them, but they exist.

1. Whole issue with the Horde/Sylvanas boat, and no communication happening with Valtrois complaining. This makes more sense in my head, but it boils down to we have to assume comms between the baddies (as what was shown) but can’t assume comms between the horde chars.
  2. Release Xal’atath and now the Knife is GPS…why? I guess something something N’Zoth’s will…
  3. If Cataclysm is middle of map, why is Nazjatar on the East side of the map? (I know this one is definitely petty)
  4. Why the Gilgoblins/Ankoan, when they could’ve just brought the Murloc faction from Wrath that you help in that one cave, heck even join the alliance… or just straight up call them Jinyu…or even tuskarr.
  5. Tidestone of irrelevance…'nuff said.
  6. You’re 100% correct of under utilization of Ashvane. Sorry, one quest to show their deal in a cave is not enough for me to see Ursula/Ariel parallels.
6 Likes

Depth for the Horde and a morally complex Alliance. I so wanted Genn or Jaina to burn the tree as a way to go back to war with the Horde, as a way to avenge those that they have lost. I wanted the Horde to be the ones who restore sanity and justice to a world gone mad. Instead, the Horde has looked into the face of evil and cheered, and now the world’s least toxic male and his trusty canine has to show them the way.

2 Likes

I absolutely want her to lead a playable faction. I am perfectly fine with her position as Warchief.

4 Likes