TCG Loot cards in Classic

Just wondering how TCG Loot Cards are going to work in Classic? Some of the items from these cards were insanely sought after back in the day, will they be obtainable in Classic? If you have a TCG item redeemed in Retail WoW, will you be able to get it in Classic or will you have to get the card all over again?

This is in relation to things like the Spectral Tiger, Tabards, Pets, etc.

2 Likes

good question. I’m only guessing but I would think Blizzard would only allow it to be redeemed on the retail servers. Reason I think that is because people trying to get other items like Corrupted Ashbringer, Benediction, etc cant be used on retail. Just my opinion though as they may tweek the vendors in game on classic. Maybe shoot them a ticket if it doesn’t get answered here.

1 Like

There was another thread on this… the vendor didn’t come in until 2.4 (apparently).
Very disappointed - i never cashed in my UDE points and I really wanted the ogre trinket for a twink that never happened back in the day :*(

TCG Loot Cards were never in vanilla and were not redeemable before TBC.

actually three of them were redeemable via the webpage and available in Vanila apparentely.

3 Likes

No, these were not redeemable in vanilla. They’ve only became redeemable in TBC pre-patch.

I had them don’t know if I still do it’s been ages ago.

Which ones are allowed in if they let it.

I remember long ago I would buy the cards hoping for the loot. Lol

The turtle :turtle: it was just for show. Haha I believe that was my first one then tarbards.

TCG won’t work in Classic.

All were added in 2.0.x

Yea I believe like dec of 2006 or around that time. To bad I wish those 3 came back. :disappointed:

The first edition ‘Battle for Azeroth’ had the three cards ( Tabard of the Flame, Hippogryph Hatchling, Saltwater Snapjaw) and was in patch 1.12.1. I found a forum reply on wowhead in November 2006 confirming Landro Longshot was next to the Port Authority in Booty Bay but during the stress test I went and had a look but he was not there.

No, it wasn’t.

Probably because he wasn’t added into the game till 2.2.x?

The comment you’re reffering to is dated to 2006/11/29. It was posted before the release of 2.0, meaning before the items themselves were added into the game. The only logical conclusion is that whoever posted it, based his info on the TBC pre-patch beta.

They could add them with alternative routes but they really werent game changing. The TCG didnt even REALLY kick off until BC.

Most likely just wait until TBC. then we will get our TCG loot at their appropriate phase. Same as the TBC Collectors Edition pet. =)

All you’ll need is a TCG Code (from TBC) redeemed in your account history.

I’m looking forward to partying with my D.I.S.C.O again, in between progression attempts!

This bunk i posted i contacted upper deck posted on old forums time and date they got rid of time and date stamp anyone got proof of old date time stamp , THE WORM BEHIDE THIS LEARNED ABOUT FLORIDA PRISON TACTICS from how they used to get away with murder., back to subject upper deck sold you rights for website snd points tour ingame and blue devs on old forum insulted all comers i didnt get msd i got proof it there or was cant lie anymore still there selling and still cant use vender couldnt when i bought card box snd others can take legal action and you hsve broken laws in this little grudge mstch u waged agsinist me coward useing governments lawsuits are not snitchs rick ross did it to 50 cent

My grammer and spelling suks but your smart connect dots they made classic to uck me i have lawsuit that would take her power u know it… Lol shoez

But when TBC does come to classic will it be given to those who already have it or will thy not? and even if so will they be redeemable in TBC classic ?

make wow tcg great again.

1 Like