TBC: Sated/Exhaustion

We ~could~ get lucky since they told us they have all the TBC data and get progressive. Its what im hoping for, though i worry about the bean counters wanting to Maximize ROI with as little investment as possible.

Dear Blizzard,

Please don’t do anything like this.

1 Like

I started WoW in TBC.

In TBC, we could talk to vendors and quest givers unlike in Classic currently where it still costs me about 500 mana every time I want to talk to someone because of that, which is also fun when it comes to using quest items which is hit and miss on if I can use them in TBC without breaking forms.

But when it comes to potions of any kind, Nightmare Vines, Engineering bombs, and Weapon Chance on hit procs, none of them works in Cat or Bear form. Can’t use Barkskin either without breaking form.

All that while Restoration and Balance druids are a one man Rogue/Priest/Mage team against a feral druid thanks to Cycline, Roots and Hibernate.

In WotLK, they allow druids to use potions without breaking form and Barkskin, but I think that was about it.

Having to spend mana while also clearing your Energy/Rage is a big deal.

And powershifting macros are really wonky on here. Have too many times where I hit it and it just leaves me in caster form for some reason.

For cats you’re powershifting for energy anyways. For bears, yeah it sucks losing a full rage bar.

If you’re getting stuck in caster form you might want to make sure you’re not shifting while in the GCD. That’s typically the cause.

I’m not arguing against your proposed changes. Give me all the buffs lol

lol, for me, I think it might be server lag and because

/cast !Cat Form

doesn’t work in classic. But I have literally did it to get out of a root while in the world just to get away from a mob without having to kill it and have to manually go back into cat form.

As for the stuff I would like to see on TBC. I actually made a list. Hated WotLk though overall with the changes they did to feral, hated how feral PvP ignored bear form and turned into a resto/rogue hybrid DPS racing for healing procs and being able to take mage from 100% to 3% in a ravage crit is not PvP regardless of gear disparity.

Using
/cancelform
/cast Cat Form

Right now for the macro

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hypothetical-a-tbc-server-what-would-you-change-while-keeping-it-balanced/675729

Or just had insane skull and glaive luck light we did. We had two full glaive sets and like 8 skulls. We even had a boomkin with skull.

The thing is that drums and lust group rotations were how people coped with how tightly tuned SW was. Most guilds didn’t have multiple dps with glaives. I did heroic LK, halion, and algalon, and none of those had anywhere near the amount of wipes pre nerf Vashj, Kael, or Mu’ru did in my experience. We were on Mu’ru for a month and half and still didn’t kill him even after we all swapped to LW.

Of course I fully expect it all to be trivialized and drums to just be an unnecessary mandate by try hard metazombies. Which is why such dumb mechanics don’t need to exist until their requirement is proven like it was when Nihilium finally killed Mu’ru.

Will 100% depend on the patch we get.

This ‘it trivializes content’ argument is silly. It’s just a video game. The vast, vast, vast majority of players just want to play and have fun. The amount of players who need a challenge to prove how leet they are could fit in a phone booth…if you remember those things.

This is a classic case (pun intended) of applying 2020 mentality to an old game. Stop trying to push today’s standards and ideals to TBC. It’s precisely why #nochanges is so important.

1 Like

So having to be a leather worker is fun?

I somewhat agree, but I think this should only apply to stuff like drums and not for pots that gives 30min plus buffs and healing/mana potions.

The dps gain from drums is relatively minor compared to world buffs.

World buffs literally make you two characters instead of one, especially in the early phases.

Drums might net you a 5% raid dps gain.

3 Likes

World buffs are like having more than another gear slot with a better than epic in it. They aren’t as bad as requiring a profession which drums do. Which hurts gameplay. Especially considering the quality of the patterns in BC. Drums are fine and can even be buffed for 5 man’s and a little more arena flexibility they just all need to apply sated.

For warriors full world buffs are at least a 70% dps gain.

Considering the zg buff scales and 5% spell crits is 3 pieces of gear right now and melee haste literally exists from rend and a dm enchant that sounds about right for melee. Particularly fury.

what, you think were just gonna go “haha #nochanges!” and just peace out? we dont want any changes because as soon as anyone changes the game for the first time, EVERYONE will want their change in. dont act stupid.

4 Likes

You don’t have to be a leatherworker. Have you ever considered doing something for fun instead of min/maxing at the cost of your own enjoyment?

You’re clearly a casual and cannot stand being forced into things by the meta, so just raid casually (if you raid at all) and do what you want rather than what everyone else has determined to be the best.

But please don’t try to ruin the game for those of us who actually enjoy min/maxing and just want the game we used to love.

1 Like

so, based on your own personal experience of needing to take leatherworking in order to provide the essential buff to your raid in a constant amount, you think they should alter the gameplay to prevent this from needing to be done?

I support this change. It’ll open up profession choice on your main and it’ll cut back on power creep. TBC is my favorite point in WoW’s history and I’m 100% open to making it an even better experience.

2 Likes

As somebody who did the content, you have no idea how tightly tuned Sunwell is and your ignorance shows when you post something like this.