TBC or Fresh Classic?

TBH in my dream world they would keep a cluster for TBC era and WOTLK era and just keep running rolling FRESH trilogy progression servers with each version lasting like 10 months and giving players the option to get off the ship at era or TBC or stay til the end of wrath tha get dumped in Wrath era.

1 Like

I would hope a version of each server running and allowing for transfers would allow progression groups to move around, while at the same time allow static players to not rush through the content. The best of both worlds with some revenue to justify the servers for Blizzard. I know that the experience wouldn’t be exactly the same for progression players, but it seems like the best compromise. Maybe I am mistaken?

Fresh classic that becomes Burning Crusade and basically IS Burning Crusade but we have to wait many months to a year for the Dark Portal to open.

It would be so fun to have Classic + stuff like all new pieces of gear for leveling and endgame pre-raid BiS in secret places too otherwise some folks will feel forced to raid Naxxramas.

You have seasons for stuff like

When I think of “fresh Classic”, I think of 2019 Classic, without additional fluff.

Yeah I was talking about two different things there and it was probably confusing.

My ideal situations would be ANY of the following:

Fresh Classic: It’s a rerelease of Classic but with more effort to stop bots from flooding the economy and more attention paid to potential abuse of layers. Also I wouldn’t mind NOT having the in game induced lag that emulated our bad internet connections of yore. Like…we can live without it, right?

Fresh Burning Crusade: TBC fresh with a delayed opening of the Dark Portal so people can level in and enjoy old world Azeroth and get their characters ready. Since it would be TBC we’d have those races and abilities.

Classic +: A Season of Discovery like experience that is more focused on new quests and weird new gear that rewards engaging with Azeroth in new ways and less on having new raids to conquer while leveling. If there are raids, let them be easy and fun like they were originally supposed to be in SoD. Leave more challenging raids for endgame.

2 Likes

I feel like they could relaunch Classic every 3 years and it would print money and cost nothing. Just create drop off hubs for tbc and wrath since era already exists and let people decide when to get off the trilogy train.

2 Likes

It would be an interesting idea for sure. The counter-argument is that there isn’t enough interest but more and more I find that AFTER 3 years or so people get that itch to go back again. And new players would be eager to jump in too. There’s a slight uptick on youtube of people playing WoW for the first time and finding retail overwhelming but classic perfect.

1 Like

SOD phase 1 I encountered more new new first time WoW players since like original Cata launch. Wows definitely on an uptick in general. I think the Bobby Kotick bois getting kicked out and Micro giving Blizz DEVELOPERS reigns over the games instead of the suits is slowly paying off. DF was really good SoD has been wish washy for many but still a move in the right direction for a future Classic + model.

They seem to be listening to everybody except the retail PvP community lmao

So many people would love fresh classic vanilla servers.
I’ll play classic era until they launch fresh servers.
If they don’t, I’ll play until I can’t.

TBC alllll day.

5 Likes

Come play cata grobb