TBC, lock or druid?

Folks, trying to decide on the TBC main. Interested in either lock or ops druid. PvP only, but I guess as always I would be forced to do a fair amount of PvE just to get gear for PvP? How were locks and dps-druids back then? thank you.

Tbc gearing is a LOT different than Classic. You can get almost completely BiS pvp gear at every tier level without raiding. Druids (specifically resto) will be more in demand for arenas, but warlocks can do great as well. Probably half of the meta comps for 2v2 arenas will have a resto Druid. Rogue/Druid, warrior/Druid, warlock/Druid, all will be very strong. But all will want their Druid to be a healing spec.

2 Likes

Warlocks were largely better for solo PvP and as a damage dealer, whereas Resto Druids are in very high demand due to their sheer power. You can absolutely play both Balance and Feral in PvP - Balance will be harder to pull off in Arena - but Warlocks are supremely powerful in PvP purely because of SL/SL.

1 Like

BiS for PvP yes but not for raiding. The PvP in TBC isn’t itemized optimally for raiding but not to say you can’t use it for raiding. The exception being dps trinkets from raids are typically better for some classes like rogues, warriors and warlocks to my knowledge. Not sure how gearing goes for other classes.

Somewhat, yes. Feral at least needs the resilience to reach uncrittable (I’ve heard that stops later on but I’m not sure), but the PvP weapons are really, really good early on. I’m not sure when they stop being that way but pretty much the entire T4 S1 weapons are superior to almost anything in PvE.

1 Like

. . . The OP specifically said PvP only. That he’d only raid if it meant he got PvP gear from it.

^^
Please at least read the OP before you try to tell someone what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Did Blizzard announce a TBC re-release?

I don’t see anything yet. And please no, not some rumor that streamers named stayfresh or safespace or whatever spoon feed their audience for views.

1 Like

Acting like it’s anything but extremely likely at this point is just silly. Blizzard sent out a lot of surveys specific to TBC Classic, and logically there’s almost no way they won’t.

4 Likes

Lock/Druid will lose to rogue/Druid every time.

But man don’t worry about min max. Play what you will enjoy, otherwise you’ll not like it.

2 Likes

Folks, thank you all for replying. Looks like it is lock for me , since I have no interest in healing. Good to know that I may not need to PvE much to stay competitive in PvP too! Sorry if my original question wasn’t clear. I am one of those folks here who only plays this game for PvP, but seems like almost every xpack (started in WoLtK) I had to do PvE grind to get top tier gear for PvP, and PvE grind bores me to death.

1 Like

If that’s what you want then go for it. Warlock is an excellent choice. However, I do believe feral druid and rogue is a very strong double DPS in arenas. Don’t think that was mentioned yet.

Yet you quoted his comment? Lol

Holy crap I’m dumb. Never make forum posts when you’re super tired. Yea that’s my bad.

1 Like

I’m planning on sticking to my Druid into TBC personally. Hybrid classes get some much-needed love in TBC which is great! Warlocks are always good, but again, you’re just another dps.

1 Like

I would definitely go lock if you dont want to heal.

1 Like