TBC help for spam please

In ToS, it clearly states that carry/boost adverts are to be done ONLY in trade chat. Why is this rule not enforced in TBC classic? You can’t really use the LFG channel and reporting these guys does not help. no, i will NOT ignore players who spam, for that just further enables them and allows the issue to fester (much like in retail). I know in the major cities, there is a trade channel…why are the spammers not forced to stay in those trade channels?

If you see ads in the LFG system, right-click and report them. Encourage others to do the same. They do indeed get squelched and then actioned further. Unfortunately, they tend to keep coming back with new (usually stolen) accounts.

But that’s the only way to report them.

3 Likes

i have done that daily for the last 2 weeks…the SAME accounts and the SAME guilds continue to do it. at what point does someone in game look at this? i have even written down the list of toons and guilds that are doing this…how is it nobody in CS has that same info? i am just frustrated, not trying to take it out on anyone. could a blue post about this?

They do, and they get them from the reports. I’m not too sure what else a blue is going to be able to tell you to be honest.

Keep encouraging others to report as that’s the only way to get these shut down.

And yes, they do get shut down and often pop back up sometimes even using the same or very similar names too.

3 Likes

i would like confirmation from a blue that the ToS for spam applies to TBC. although i appreciate you taking the time to respond to this, you are telling me stuff i am already doing. would be nice if a blue can CONFIRM that the ToS applies to TBC as well, since major cities have trade channel.

Well, technically speaking there is no ToS. The games are covered by the EULA and yes, it does apply to Retail, Classic and TBC too.

5 Likes

Yes. Reporting is the proper way to handle those.

5 Likes

ty for responding <3 will continue to report and hope to see these guys on mandrik use trade chats in the cities and stop clogging up lfg channel <3

2 Likes