TBC Feral Druid Energy Tick Reset?

Hey guys,

So I just noticed that Blizzard has made a little change to feral druids… as evident of this blue post.

They made feral druids’ energy timers reset when they change form. So instead of 80 energy per shift, you get 60. So now they have to wait an extra 2 seconds before powershifting, which will severely cut back their dps because if you’re not constantly powershifting you’re losing dps.

Let me just ask this… Why does blizzard hate feral druids? Why would they make a change that severely affects their gameplay for the worst? I was planning on maining feral druid dps in TBC, but I might quit. Feral druids aren’t in any way “op”. Why are they getting nerfed so hard, in their dps and their fun? I just don’t see any good reason for this nerf, except for a hate crime.

5 Likes

This is honestly rediculous, pallies get both seals, hunters get dead zone removed way early and druids get the middle finger on a bug that the good version of blizzard mentioned was an unintended side effect they weren’t aware of in 2.2. We don’t even top dps, why screw over all your druid players on this. I honestly think they might have tried to fix it but it was too hard so they are just leaving it.

4 Likes

R.I.P. cat dreams. Was looking forward to the feral dps powershift playstyle without the need to grind for mcp in tbc.

2 Likes

Honestly this feels like a case where the easiest solution (energy resetting on powershift) was the solution instead of making the effort to make cat dps feel more in-line with classic gameplay. I’m sure it’s not in the spirit of TBC classic, nor classic in general, but I’d certainly like to see a change which reverts this in the spirit of the emergent gameplay that we’ve seen from ferals throughout classic.

Yellow hits get nerfed about 20% dps as a result of this. Powershifting still the meta way to play, but overall you lose 2 key aspects to the fun of the class - the rhythmic button pressing of powershift (as it will not matter when in the energy ticker that you switch), and the satisfaction of getting 2 shreds immediately after a powershift. The change is not appreciated from every feral that I’ve talked to - not only because being nerfed sucks, but the class/role feels like it’s being gimped of one of it’s primary unique mechanics. I hope to see a change, although I do not expect to.

And just to add to it, it makes it so that there’s a lot more waiting in the rotation. Feral DPS is fun because there’s a lot to do. You press buttons a lot. In classic, you’re similar to a dagger rogue in terms of gameplay doing much less damage. However, your rotation is much more engaging because it does not involve waiting around for your energy to backstab.

4 Likes

This is a legit unacceptable change. Please revert this change Blizzard. Ferals aren’t top tier, no need for this.

3 Likes

Store mounts, boosts, and million other little changes here and there fall under the #somechanges banner but powershifting gets nerfed? As if getting a raid spot as feral dps wasn’t hard enough already…

This would be a great example for applying #somechanges. Come on blizzard.

Blizzard trash.

I’m legit quitting this game for good. No wonder why they lose so many players over the years.

R.I.P Blizzard

Why are you guys not responding to any posts about feral energy tic happening at 19 energy… You fixed it for rogues? At least acknowledge you guys are looking into it??

1 Like