TBC Classic will not be the death of Vanilla Classic

Fast forward 6 months, a year, 2 years, 3 years, and beyond with no new content being released Vanilla Classic will continue to be its current version, but with less players. This will happen— TBC Classic or not.

PvP will just be premades and the occasional world PvP gank/duel.
Guilds will still have preschedule raid nights, but nothing will be spontaneous/pugged.
You can still level alts through questing, but just don’t expect to find other players for low level dungeons/group quests even if in a leveling guild.

There was a significant portion of the player base that wanted to relive the Vanilla WoW experience, but relatively speaking there’s a very small niche that would want to play it in perpetuity.

1 Like

Your post contradicts the title of your topic.

4 Likes

Just depends on how you define “death.” People consider realms with a healthy vanilla population to be “dead” realms in Classic.

No groups running Scarlet Monastery anymore? DEAD GAME.

1 Like

I could see some fun to be had of rerolling in a classic server then transferring to PVP to try to get through all the content via speed running.

I barely run into premades now what makes you think that’s all there will be in the future?

If TBC is the death of classic I’m good with that.

That’s my $0.02.

2 Likes

I would be ok with cycling through both classic and tbc seasons tbh. I never thought I would play classic as much as I have.

If they do wotlk, I may play through ulduar but stop there. Wotlk was when the rpg died to me.

1 Like

Reading comprehension must not be your strong point.

The argument that TBC will kill Classic is wrong. Stagnation to Classic will happen regardless, and that is what will end it.

I’m not sticking around forever. If they release TBC, I will happily play that. If not, I’ll cancel my subscription and never look back. Either way my time in Classic will be over.

A lot of people are in your boat. Those private servers have been popular for the better part of a decade with players coming back to start over. While I highly doubt we will get anything close to classic’s launch, it wouldn’t surprise me to see major reroll events every now and then like we saw on Arcanite Reaver and others.

I imagine that there will always be a trickle of newcomers to vanillla just like how people buy old gems from GoG to this day.

This is only true if they keep each server as they are now in permanent p6 stasis.

However, if the recent survey is anything to go by, it seems Blizzard has decided on two options: Fresh new Classic servers aside moving current Classic servers into TBC.

I am still right.

The Classic only fans will stick with Classic, after TBC comes out, and then four weeks later flood the forums complaining about how dead their realm is. Long battleground ques, no guilds running Naxx, empty cities. Complain complain complain…

That may all be true. But you left out the rest of it. The TBC fans will move on to TBC and then four weeks later flood the forums complaining about (insert any imaginable complaint here) :wink:

1 Like

That is why this solution makes the most sense

Yeah that would work. But even if all the Classic only people move to a stasis server, what are they doing to do a month after it’s done? Battlegrounds?

The die hards will play perpetually gearing all their toons.

There are die hards for Vanilla, TBC, Wrath.

I for one soon as TBC opens that is where i will play and stay. When Wrath launches i will Transfer to a TBC eternal server.