TBC Classic: Server Transfer

They used to warn folks that it may take up to 72 hours, even though they’re usually done far quicker than that. Vrak hasn’t seen that it failed or anything of the sort, it’s just still stuck in that limbo.

1 Like

So far, it looks like the process is a bit slowed down due to volume. We’ve let them know and they are seeing what they can do to help move things along.

4 Likes

Not sure if its a problem or not but my classic character transfer says it is done but I am still on same server and can not log in. Maybe its a problem with I did not select classic or Burning Crusade before transfering it? Not sure if you selected one before the transfer Anuaki.

1 Like

I am also having issues with transferring without picking vanilla or tbc

1 Like

As far as I can tell, that shouldn’t be possible and we’re currently looking into reports. Please submit a ticket using Purchase Failure.

1 Like

A bit of an update for those who are currently experiencing a delay with their transfers, it looks like they have been temporarily disabled and should resume later today.

3 Likes

Does this mean that transfers that were currently in progress will be automatically restarted?

1 Like

They should simply be paused while they work on the issue and should resume when the system is turned back on. I’ll see what additional information I can get through and update this thread.

2 Likes

Thank you. I just logged in and no longer see the “transfer in progress” next to my toon, but they’re on the old realm.

2 Likes

Add me to those whose transfer is “Complete”, but still on the original server. I’ve submitted a ticket using the Purchase Failure link above.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I assume the reason we cant see transfer in progress is cause its on hold my dudes. Why we are still on old servers.

1 Like

I also paid for a transfer almost 12 hours ago. Character hasn’t been transferred and the message stating it was in process is now gone.

2 Likes

Hey folks,

I received a bit of clarification so I wanted to pass it along. It looks like any character transfer that was already initiated is still processing. It is a bit slow at the moment, but it continues to process.

No new transfers are currently possible and we plan to have them back on later today.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m still having this issue, but the little gear has disappeared which had me worried. Glad to know it’s just servers backed up. Shout out to the technical team for working on this.

3 Likes

Had someone buy a server transfer after me and had theirs get completed yet here I am 10 hours later with nothing.

I’m also dealing with this for some reason character transfer did not go through on burning crusade just classic even though I already had him set to clone on burning crusade.

1 Like

Well 13hrs in still sitting here waiting to play my mage :upside_down_face:

Hey all just wanted to submit info, Faerlina Alliance transfer to Earthfury, submitted at 9:26AM EST. Hit the 12 hour mark just a bit ago and still a bit worried.

1 Like

The cog wheel next to my name went away, is that because of the pause?

I’m not quite to the 12 hour mark yet, but getting there.

coming up on 12 hours this is ridiculous