(TBC - Classic) Character with that name already exists

I’m leveling my Paladin in Zangermarsh and get the quest to go back to Hellfire, so I do so… as soon as I get to the NPC to turn in the quest in Hellfire I get DC’d.

I attempt to log in, only to get the “A Character with that name already exists” message. I wait for 10 minutes, and try again… nothing, same thing.

I then log in my 70 mage and see what’s going on… my Paladin is showing online? I think, that’s weird… so I go to Hellfire and now my mage is stuck with the same message.

It’s been an hour now I’m still locked out and can’t access any of my characters in Hellfire. (I now have 2 characters online that I can do a /who and /whisper when I log into my 70 Druid!)

• Now I just get immediately DC’d when attempting to log into my characters in Hellfire…
1 Like

That message usually means that your character was not fully kicked and is still registered as being in-game. It normally clears by itself within about 15 minutes but if is persists it may need a little help.

Try using the Stuck character service, if that does not work submit a ticket here and a Game Master will try to help.

Since you seem to be getting stuck in the same place I’d also recommend the following troubleshooting.

3 Likes

I appreciate the response. Using that service did teleport my character to Ogrimmar…

I guess I’ll stay away from hellfire, it’s no coincidence that two of my characters got locked out when I went to that zone.

Just a quick update. It looks like we’ve received several reports from folks on Azuresong trying to zone into Hellfire and/or Nagrand. Our teams are aware of it and it is being looked into.

4 Likes