TBC Classic 6/1/2021-7/1/2021

Crazy how quickly Blizzard caves and makes #changes when its the Horde who are suffering.

What game you guys playing next?

6 Likes

Aww, cute! A gnome!

They are Horde. I have never seen in a dev introduction that they are a proud Alliance player. It’s always “For the Horde!” Or “I play both”

The next game I am playing is retail WoW :star_struck:

4 Likes

These aren’t the classic forums big dog.

6 Likes

You can hardly blame Blizz for bowing to the reality.

TBC may not have changed but Alliance players have changed since 2007 - many either went Horde or don’t PvP anymore.

I don’t get it. What is this change?

(quietly wonders what happened in TBC Classic to trigger this post)

:cookie:

3 Likes

Blizzard implemented mercenary mode for Horde players after weeks of them crying on the forums.

1 Like

Ah, thank you.

I have to agree this is an odd change to make given their ‘no changes’ for classic mantra.

:cookie:

3 Likes

They shouldn’t have done it. They wanted the experience from 2007 :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Really?

What’s the point of implementing this anyway?

3 Likes

Horde can get anything they want if they cry hard enough.

It’s like when Pikachu cried and brought Ash back to life except in reverse.

2 Likes

It is the same point as implementing merc mode for only one faction in retail WoW! To give one faction control over which side wins. Low ilvl? Merc. High ilvl? Don’t merc. It’s that simple! :smiley:

1 Like

The whole point of classic was to play as it was.

If they wanted mercenary mode, they should have played retail.

4 Likes

You know what this means? /me punts the Gnome’s into The Great Sea. There. No more Gnome’s. :smiling_imp:

It’d be nice to think that anyone in a decision-making capacity at Blizz would even pretend to care about WoW’s factions and associated lore, but really…

Do you believe that? Or isn’t it much likelier this is the easiest and most expedient solution to a gameplay problem?

It’s not technically merc mode, but the purpose is the same.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/testing-same-faction-battlegrounds-in-burning-crusade-classic-323169

The key thing about merc mode is you get race changed for the duration of the battleground, which means you lose your racials (they get swapped to the race you become). And god help you if you only have faction mounts…

That’s so rude. Wtf? One of the only replies I get from an MVP and it’s this. lol

Why don’t you go punt children instead? They’re even smaller and more defenseless.

The joke is not funny. It’s not 2006 anymore.

3 Likes

Changes to BC are good. It’s more important for the game to be fun, than for Blizzard to stick to an ideology.

The bigger question is: Why did they even put in 0.1% effort into designing a new feature like this for Classic?

2 Likes

Am I going to have to gather my fellow short races so we can bite your ankles?

3 Likes