TBC Beta invite

I got an email saying I"m invited to the beta but in battle.net I’m not in the beta so? Any thoughts?

1 Like

Don’t you have to download the beta or something?

1 Like

To get started, follow all the steps below:

• Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
  • Run the Battle.net desktop app - it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
  • Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
  • In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Burning Crusade (listed under In Development), then click Install.
  • Allow the installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
  • Create a new test character or copy over a character from your live WoW Classic account using the Copy Character button.
  • Enter the game and test the content.
1 Like

I’ve been in several betas and know how they work. This invite may have been for the May 12 event although it doesn’t say so.

Reload your launcher it is there,

Just log out of you launcher and log back in it, the option to download should be there.

1 Like

Also be sure to look for it in the drop down after you restart the launcher.

2 Likes

I got my invite yesterday but it wasn’t in the desktop app/launcher.

But today after I started up my machine, and launched the desktop app, it was listed there as in that screenshot above - Burning Crusdade Classic Beta. For me it was a 2.4GB download.

If you don’t see it, do as suggested above. Close and then relaunch your desktop app.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

This.

Though, I still don’t (personally) have access to the PTR, for whatever reason. But, I have access to the Beta LOL All good, I dabbled a bit on the Beta but then I got bored and logged out LOL

1 Like

Anyone know how many were invited? I’m not invited, but hearing a ton of guildies that were.
As context, been a 6mo sub for several occurrences, opted to beta back at start, and took the most recent Blizz survey.

That’s all we know. But a bunch in my guild got it as well.