Tauren, Panda or Orc

I am torn. I really want to know why are there so many Tauren BM hunter’s out there doing top parses when Crit% doesn’t effect our pet damage. Or am I wrong? It doesn’t seem to be worth switching from orc. But then again, most of the hunter’s I see are going Tauren/panda. I am wondering if there is a way to switch races in sim’s to check the dps difference in the same gear. Just seeing what yawl’s thoughts are. I really like the way orc looks and same with Tauren, Good god I don’t want to go panda, but probably will if its a 3k dps increase lol.

I am really trying to improve my dps, haven’t had too many great parses in mythic yet and I really want to change that. I know I am late in the tier, But I miss and love raiding. Trying to get back into the swing of things and enjoy the min-maxing game.

The answer is dwarf.

Unless things have changed, all hunter primary and secondary stats affect pet damage.

Tauren is the second-highest DPS of the Horde race options, though the total spread from top to bottom is barely 1%.

Secondary stats, yes, but critical damage is not a “stat”. However, based on the fact that Tauren is simming so high for BM, and that Brawn is their only DPS-increasing trait, I have to assume it also affects pets.

Personally, I’ll take my <1% DPS loss for the Mag’har mount speed bonus.