Tauren or Troll for boomkin/resto?

im having a hard time deciding between the 2. i believe troll is better racial wise overall but to me they look terrible in gear and for some reason i just hate their bat flight form.

issue is i kinda am into min maxing despite i don’t push hard content to where it would even matter. idk why i am like that i just am.

so i am wondering based on your thoughts.

1. your opinion which would you choose
  2. which is nicer in xmog
  3. which has a richer lore in the class

Actually bloodmallet shows tauren as horde best druid racial.

And tauren were second druids. Hamuul was taught the ways from malfurion. I personally like tauren druid tmog and forms when you can see the tmog. But the Zandalari trolls have nice forms too.

Umm…actually raises nerd glasses Tauren were the first druids taught my Cenarion, however over time they forgot the ways of the druids. As for race, tauren is the best for their warstomp into cyclone combo, both for pve/pvp. The only downside to them is that they are hard to tmog

I would give the edge to Tauren in pvp due to warstomp, and Troll in pve due to Berserking, although if we are basing it off of looks I would go with Tauren. Not only does gear look great on them, they are one of the biggest races in the game. Heck, sometimes you even have trouble getting through doorways (which may be more of a hindrance than a bonus, in hindsight).

I like the lore for both. Taurens are based loosely on the North American Indians and Trolls are loosely based on Jamaicans (I think), or island cultures.

Tauren, if you hate the way Trolls look. Not worth hating the toon you’re staring at for hours on end for a very negligible benefit.

1 Like

Pve troll berserk is good.
pvp tauren stomp is good.
My paladin was tauren, but i hated not fitting doors or small rooms /corridors, being tall also changes camera view without my control, so i changed race to blood elf.
For tmog side, i don’t like male trolls, so i picked a female troll.