Tauren HP bonus at 60?

Not exactly. I don’t remember all the math and am not good at that kind of math anyway, but the value of health increases as you add armor. The concept of “Effective Health”.

The more armor you have, the better health is as a stat because all physical damage is reduced by your armor before being calculated.

That isn’t a vanilla thing, that was added in WotLK I believe.

1 Like

You can def have 10k hp in vanilla. It will be common towards then end of the stages.

EDIT- Common for Raid Tier & PVPers with the top rank gear.

This and many more disappointments that Wrath babies will soon come to find out.

I don’t think it has anything to do with “wrath babies” just 14-15 years between vanilla makes people forget things.

In Vanilla the racial was 5% total health not base health, so it included any stat increases you received.

2 Likes

It is 5% bonus to base stamina, not stamina in general. So, as a Tauren at level 60, you will have around 140 more health than other races and it will not improve because your base stamina will never improve. It’s not worth rolling a Tauren for the extra 140 health. If you roll a Tauren, do it because you like the looks.

Edit: I was corrected, it does seem to be 5% of total health, not base. Even still it is negligible. It shouldn’t be your reason for choosing the race if you prefer Orc/Troll/Undead. I personally prefer Tauren, but the extra health is not even a factor for me.

my warlock was around 5400hp in epic gear.

Haha no, it’s more like 200HP. It’s also negligible in many cases because you rarely go below 200HP.

2 Likes

I remember in the waning days of Vanilla there being a forum post of a Night Elf warrior having just over 10k hp in Naxx, and it being a big deal.

I mained a Tauren warrior tank, and it’s really not that big of a deal. Asking, “Did the HP racial save that wipe?” is so meta, it’s not really worth worrying about. Just keep Shield Block on maximum up-time and you’ll be fine, +5% hp or no :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you entirely sure? Checking back at

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20550/endurance#changelog

Endurance gives “total health increased by 5%”, it wasn’t changed until Cataclysm where it became “base health increased by 5%”

1 Like

If that is true, I guess I remember it incorrectly. Even still, in absolute best gear with all buffs, you might only be looking at 300 - 400 health extra. It’s not worth it unless you actually want to play Tauren because you like how they look and their animations. I personally like Tauren because in plate gear they look amazing, the extra health is a bonus.

Yeah, realistically with Classic health pools you aren’t going to be getting a huge amount from it.
Like most racials it’s just more a preference thing.

In all honesty I think the increased attack range is the Tauren’s best racial and that isn’t even an actual racial lol.

Warstomp!!

I don’t buy this at all.

Imagine an item had +35 Stamina on it … That would be a very valuable piece of loot.

Which would you wear, I know which i’d pick?

Armguards of the Troll
Shoulder
+9 Str
+10 Sta
Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.

Armguards of the Tauren
Shoulder
+9 Str
+45 Sta
“You are HUGE!”

This is a weird comparison. Add a third one that increases your threat generated and most people are going to gravitate towards the threat generation. Health regen is worthless, making yourself a bit more of a damage sponge is nearly as worthless. Defense is far more valuable than stamina and threat is also very important.

As a healer, who would you rather tank your BRD run (All else being equal, including skill).

A tank with 3000 health or a tank with 3150 health?

I’ll try.

Armguards of the Troll
Shoulder
+9 Str
+10 Sta
+1% Attack Speed
Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.

Armguards of the Tauren
Shoulder
+9 Str
+45 Sta
Use: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec. (2 min Cooldown)
“You are HUGE!”

Calc:
20% * 10 secs / 180 secs = 1.1111%

I couldn’t care less. The extremely rare situation that 150 health will save someone isn’t useful. Berserking lets the DPS go harder, and even then it doesn’t matter.

EDIT: On use is far better than a flat increase, it lets you include it in a burst phase which is where the DPS are going to be generating a lot of threat.

base HP not overall.