Taunka Allied Race Megathread

Happy to support.

Taunka are a long time coming.

2 Likes

Another updated tweet from my twitter!
(https://twitter.com/ThatOneTauren/status/1531409013018988544)

4 Likes

I wouldā€™ve preferred Taunka to HM Tauren and then just gave Tauren the HM customizations. I also wouldā€™ve preferred Mokā€™nathal or Ogres and given Magā€™har customizations to Orcs. Not a fan of reskins and I prefer new races.

I believe all players should be able to play most if not any race they want, even if I donā€™t like them, so Iā€™ll give you a bump.

+1 Playable Taunka

5 Likes

100% agree with you on the HM Tauren shouldā€™ve been customization options.
It honestly baffles me that we havenā€™t gotten Ogres yet. Also they can easily make Mokā€™nathal playable since Rexxarā€™s model uses the Kulā€™tiran rigs so they can just make a Female Mokā€™nathal skin using the Female KTā€™s rigs. If we get Taunka playable before Ogres/Mokā€™nathal I have every intention to make weekly posts for them too.

3 Likes

I actually rage quite back in 2011 because we were getting Pandas instead of Ogres. I was upset when we got BEā€™s instead of Ogres and then they give us Pandas before Ogres. There is no logic as to why we still donā€™t have them and Blizz doesnā€™t feel they should inform us as to why. Probably the biggest gripe I have against WoW is no playable Ogres.

Iā€™ve heard they used the same rig before so why not. But Iā€™ve been told by other forum users that not many years have past since Classic so it is unlikely that the Mokā€™nathal could be anything more then the small group we see in Outland. Me sad. :frowning:

Not going to lie but it would still feel bad to get any race before Ogres IMO. Ogres are a core race that is still not playable. But the Stonemaul Ogre thread can always use more supporters so if that does happen we will more then welcome you into our community. :slight_smile:

Thanks. :+1:

3 Likes

Fuuny enough, I took a long break and skipped all of MoP because of similar reasons too. lol

I know. Itā€™s a really sucky feeling to have so much established things in the lore and they never implement into the actual game. Realistically I think weā€™ll get Ogres/Mokā€™nathal before Taunka but we deserve to have both of them by now.

I will certainly help out where I can and retweet and share links about Ogres on the thread!

3 Likes

That wasnā€™t the whole reason I quit but it was what pushed me over the edge. I was burnt out on my full time WoW play, everyone I knew that played had left and they screwed with the talent tree and I hated it, still do. Dragonflight looks like we might get some fun back into the classes.

And at this point in time I just want more playable races. They gave us a bunch and then just stopped and I thought they were a good idea but I guess with everyone complaining about them they mustā€™ve said "Lets hold off on doing more because the players arenā€™t happy. ". I liked all the races but I guess Iā€™m in the minority.

3 Likes

Taunka are an ally of the Horde, probably one of the most loyal. They are a part of the Horde since WotLK. I hope we could see more about them with the Horde in the future.

They deserve to have their own allied race too.

5 Likes

ā€œWe considered them for Cataclysm instead of goblins. Figuring out the females and the two-headed mages would be (fun!) challenges. Maybe someday.ā€

Best Buy Developer Q&A - MMO-Champion (2012-09-18)

Ogre as playable race could happen soon now we have Kul Tiran and Mechagnome.

Horde could finally get 2 of their allies as playable race with Ogres and Taunka.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s this weekā€™s Taunka post!
(https://twitter.com/ThatOneTauren/status/1533941805435215873)

2 Likes

Lovely to see support for the Taunka on the forums and twitter! I hope the devs give them to us someday.

ā€œYell loud enough and someone will come over to see what all the fuss is about.ā€- Garrus Vakarian Mass Effect 3

Thatā€™s the tactic Iā€™m going with to get us Taunka hopefully one day lol

4 Likes

A Garrus quote?

Not expected but quite welcome.

2 Likes

Taunka are soooo UGLY like really uglyā€¦ Their faces just look weird. With a texture upgrade they might be better but WOTLK version, no way.

1 Like

Any race made playable is going to have updates and modifications from the npc model. (in most cases.)

5 Likes

Very excited to see the Taunka one day, whether itā€™s just through customization or as their own AR.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to see em for the chance at an updated model.

4 Likes

Itā€™s never gonna happen, donā€™t get hopes up.

That would be grand. Now theyā€™ll most likely end up with an updated model if they become playable causeā€¦ Theyā€™d have to be brought up to current.

Iā€™d be very excited to see how they add to the female model to make it more line with the male Taunka.

4 Likes

Sorry I have been consumed by other stuff lately. I do still plan to redo the post a bit; update it.

Thanks for keeping the support up!

4 Likes