Taunka Allied Race Megathread

Yes it’s a recent datamining.

2 Likes

Taunka should get a place in the Horde council because they are a part of the Horde since WotLK. A Taunka ambassador with some Taunka warriors could be nice thing in Orgrimmar too.

7 Likes

So with World of Warcraft: the Last Titan, maybe we will finally get Taunka as playable race because we will come back to Northrend.

5 Likes

Earthen being added opens the door for a lot of these classic asked-for races to come along and be playable as AR. I say keep the hype up, everyone. Support for Taunka!

5 Likes

Some exciting news for us with the reveal that WoW: The Last Titan will take us back to Northrend.

With the willingness to add more ARs such as Earthen, I envision our return to Northrend being the ideal time to add our Horde-aligned Taunka into the game.

Even if not playable, Taunka likely will appear in the expansion! Just got to keep positive and voice our desire to see them added going forward.

6 Likes

The Q&A thread has opened and I asked some questions on behalf of a few race request megathreads, including this one with a recent edit. I’ll post a link to the post and the question I asked for this megathread below:

“Since we’re going to return to Northrend in the future, will we see the Taunka again and have them assist us with whatever will be going on on that continent, given that they joined the Horde in WotLK and also kinda owe us for helping them?”

Worth a try, even if it will likely not get answered.

With the Allied Race system being utilized again, I see no reason why Taunka can’t be a full race instead of a Customization Race. Despite being part of the Horde still, they could still be added with the Allied Race system.

I have quite a lot more to say on the Allied Race system and other announcements in the various race request megathreads. I just need to have the time to sit down, gather my thoughts, and convert it to text on the computer screen. I’ll be sure to post more in here when I can, since playable Horde Taunka chances have risen considerably.

Will post more when I can! :smiley:

:ox:

3 Likes

In one of the latest interviews a dev says they “know which races they want to introduce in midnight and the last titan”.

Of course doesnt gurantee he is referring to playable races, but I feel like its likely!

If many of these races, including Taunka, were to be added this saga is the time to do so.

4 Likes

I hope they add the Taunka as a full AR. At this point there isn’t an excuse.

4 Likes

I’m still hoping that Taunka would be their own race instead of being slapped onto Tauren and having them cosplay and LARP as Taunka instead. I see no reason not to go for them as a full race (Allied or Core) given the whole Earthen thing.

On another note, tt does sound like Northrend will be getting revamped from the recent Q&A video released:

"Clearing up any misconceptions - there’s no time travel in Midnight/The Last Titan. We recently healed the timeways in Dawn of the Infinite and have no reason to revisit that anytime soon. When Metzen said returning to the Old World, he meant seeing how familiar lands have changed and telling new stories within them. They want to ensure that future WoW storytelling keeps iconic settings relevant - we told the story of Northrend and the Lich King 15 years ago, keeping it stale and unchanging doesn’t really benefit the Warcraft universe.

So yes, we will be returning to the lands of Silvermoon, Quel’Thalas, and later Northrend - we’ll see how they’ve changed over time, expand, and reimagine them, but there’s no time travel, only moving forward. Those older spaces will also be updated to allow dynamic flying, with a seamless transition from EPL to the Ghostlands, etc."

So it is a pretty good opportunity to have Taunka given the Tuskarr treatment with an upgrade their models (male and female) and other forms of fleshing out while having a role in a return to Northrend, which I would think would be pretty likely.

Hopefully we’ll see more of them and other races we could work with on Northrend, like San’layn and such. Will keep an eye out on more things of Taunka interest to report!

5 Likes

Happy US Thanksgiving! :turkey:

Hoping the Taunka get to enjoy Pilgrim’s Bounty someday!

Whatever your plans are today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

5 Likes

Long time since the Taunka joined the Horde. Can’t wait to see them as a full Allied Race now that all races are on the table regardless of similar skeleton or culture.

3 Likes

Now that I have a toy that lets me turn into a Taunka, I can finally take some festive screenshots for this megathread!

And as is tradition in several megathreads I frequent, I try to take several screenshots of magical sleigh riding, which is one of my favorite Winter Veil activities! I’d chosen a Taunka to be Santa Taunka this year, off to spread holiday cheer throughout the Horde and hopefully grant the wishes of the Taunka to come true!

Screenshots with fitting music below:

I’ll take more festive screenshots when I can. Hopefully the Taunka will be able to celebrate Winter Veil in Orgrimmar with the Horde someday! :christmas_tree::ox:

-Still dreaming of Taunka as a full playable Horde race! :ox:

5 Likes

Taunka would make an excellent Allied Race as we move into the last section of the World Soul Saga.

4 Likes

Happy winter Veil Day! :christmas_tree::ox:

Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

5 Likes

Yaungol would be great too, even if just some of their customizations.

1 Like

Happy Winter’s Veil!

The Taunka already joined and will be a great Allied Race for the Horde!

3 Likes

Hope everyone is having a good winter! We have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming expansions.

5 Likes

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

I wanted to reaffirm my support for playable Horde Taunka. Preferably as a full race as opposed to being a Customization Race.

Since we’re going to be going back to Northrend in The Last Titan, I feel that it’s very important to keep up the playable Horde Taunka support since it is likely they’ll be part of that expansion. I can’t say they’re a guarantee of being playable then, especially since there are other denizens of Northrend that are contenders for becoming playable races, but I feel like there could be a decent chance of that happening. And honestly, if we’re getting a third Dwarf race to go with multiples of other races like Elves, I don’t see an issue with Taunka as a full playable race in the future.

While it’ll be awhile before we get to any reveals of The Last Titan’s features, I’ll be helping to keep an eye out and help report anything of Taunka interest back here. Best to keep an open mind of course, but you never know what will happen.

Anyway, here is to a new year and more playable Horde Taunka support! Cheers!

6 Likes

Yey, lets create more bestial races nobody is going to play.

I wish we got the Taunka instead of the Highmountains, at least the Taunkas were more unqiue looking, whereas the Highmountains looked more like additional customisation choices for the existing Tauren race.