Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

Actually, Monk’s were stacking haste corruptions for their most powerful build that got nerfed, not ineffable truth.

IE: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kiljaeden/mistwater this monk has 57% haste

he also has one ineffable truth and ineffable truth procs more if you stack more haste, but haste stacking was the main requirement for rising mist builds

Just quoted both of those because I thought it was ironic.

This is the only part I disagreed with. Haste stacking (and ineffable truth) for glimmer paladins is crazy. It’s also still goodish for Monks even though it doesn’t touch what it used to do before they nerfed it. In PvP haste stacking can also be useful on a priest or really any class to get heals off faster and lower the interrupt window. Really high haste + greater heal can be interesting, that’s one of the things I wanted to try to stack haste + vers in BGs.

I’ve also thought about crit or mastery stacking for certain specs. You could get really high mastery and vers on a shaman in PvP, though I’m not sure in practice if it’d be better than haste to get casts off faster or crit since they have a mana mechanic with crit. Mastery + vers + gwolf stuff might make you personally pretty tanky though. With corruptions you can get mastery to 140%+ or vers maybe to 40/20% or so (higher with procs).

1 Like

Does anyone know when exactly this is going to go live? I’ve heard after reset which didn’t happen and I’ve heard after the Friday assault refresh. Any ideas?

I just ranked up my cloak to level 9 which required 4 pages and my next quest requires 4 pages as well. Did I miss something? :frowning:

If you’re on the part that requires four pages, you can get all 4 from one run.

If you’re on the part that requires hard area only, then you only need 2.

So, if you need 4, you could get them in 2 runs from easy areas only. If you need 2, that’s because they are from the hard areas only.

In the end, it’s still 1 full clear is 1 cloak level, no matter what stage you’re on.

Remember that complaint I have literally never seen in the vast sea of WoW complaints? No I don’t. I have likewise not seen them block a character’s means of collecting any currency no matter how useless or out of date.

This is all we know:

Of all the things to be worried about its this. I have a character full of 465-470 gear with bad corruptions. Let me use it.

I know the potato code prevents cleansed items from being re-corrupted but any idea if things that are corrupted can have that replaced?

Their post specifically said non-corrupted items. I think if corruptions could be replaced (without cleansing), it would have been mentioned.

By the way, you forgot the apply the 5x multiplier to Mythic+. Just did a 17 freehold and only got 51 echoes from the chest… same as you would before hotfix. No 5x multiplier. Should be 255. As if catching up to people with 40k banked wasn’t bad enough already. What a mess.

I appreciate your interest in making the experience more engaging but I’ve decided to not engage with it at all at this point. I’ve also gone as far as cancelling and removing the WoW product from all my devices recently. I think I’m really done this time.

To explain why I’ll point you to the world quest system as I think this best explains the chasm between players and developers. I loathe world quests and they were deemed necessary for the 8.3 cloak progression. In fact a lot of the 8.3 experience lacked player agency. You’re meant to grind world quests to level rep and to obtain power to run the visions. The visions themselves are an on rails PvE experience with little player agency and a lot of intentionally obnoxious content.

I think this content works for the ARPG crowd. The people who like timers and challenging themselves to running the same PvE content over and over again to better their scores. It doesn’t really appeal to anyone else.

I also think tying the power gain to world questing was a mistake as many of us hate the world quest system. The little variations you’re considering to the world quest system will not make us like it more. The entire problem with this system is that it’s lacking in player agency. I don’t want to help turtles get to the water. Nor do I want to free the Rajani for the millionth time. Nothing you do in this context is going to have the lasting power a subscription based game necessitates.

Lasting power in an MMORPG comes from peer 2 peer experiences. Finding a way to create content whereby players are encouraged to work together from various points of view is good. A player quest system for example would be terrific. A world in which players exist as both adventurers and resource is good. Why can’t someone just be a fisherman in WoW? Why can’t someone just be a blacksmith? The answer is for whatever reason agency has been subtracted from the experience and many forms of gameplay outside of X+Y+Z have been eliminated.

I would like to see you guys move in a direction of script reduction. Or basically moving to a more primordial system of content design where a lot of agency is entrusted to the player to work with it how they see fit. Real player housing is a good direction. Player quest creation is as well. Let players sort’of fill that void GMs used to fill when they had the time to gin up unique content. Also expanding heavily on professions to let someone just do that for an entire expansion if they feel like it. We can have a more MMORPG experience if we have the systems designed to encourage P2P play.

Thanks for the update though and I wish you well going into Shadowlands. I’ll be just out here like the OGs in the cosmic void watching from afar.

Aren’t we glad they gave people A DAY to buy their rank 3 essences they might’ve been close to getting. My guild chat is going off when they logged in and found them at 5x the price increase, since most people didn’t see the literally…16hrs prior warning.

Not to mention now peoples ALTS have more echoes and can buy more targetted corruptions than their mains.

Blizz, you can’t even get good changes right. I mean holy cow, what are you even doing anymore.

Honestly - this is going to be a great system for many people - but it’s what has finally done me in. I wasn’t happy with corruption acquisition in the previous iteration like everyone else - but I also don’t want to be going to conq cap/M+ farming/clearing the raid on multiple difficulties/doing all the Uldum/Vale dailies and assaults every single day.

I was happier doing my 3 visions a week and going to raid - rather than being somewhat forced into doing ALL the content in the game if I want to get the powerful corruptions.

Gonna hang it up til Shadowlands because of this, myself.

Maybe somebody can explain it to me, but I don’t understand what they just gave us as far as essences go. I logged into my alt and all the essences cost 5 times as much, but there are no more essences available than I had before. And, if you’re like me, and didn’t see the message yesterday, my ~2100 Echoes can’t even buy a single essence now when it could buy four yesterday.

It would be nice if Blizzard would give another path to learning essences without grinding raids from the last tier. I just came back and while I am interested in seeing what I missed, I will be damned before I grind outdated content to gather an Essence.

Ugh. Anyways. I don’t know what they just gave us. From my perspective it looks like I actually lost value.

2 Likes

sadly just too late

1 Like

I started getting echoes on my main so you should be all good :slight_smile:

I do think the having to do all content to maximize the system is a problem also.

Maybe add a weekly cap and multiple ways to farm it. A full mythic raid could hit the cap or close to it by itself for example, then you could cap by doing a certain number of M+, even heroics could let you cap it, just with a lot more runs than M+.

if you had 2100, why didn’t you spend them when you have reached 500?

were you waiting for a main to finish unlocking one?

in any case, as long as the character has the cloak they should be getting 5x as many echos. its a soft reset because the currency will be able to buy corruptions but they didn’t want to zero out what people had saved up already.

A) Blizzard introduces new purchasable corruptions using Echoes of Ny’alotha.
B) Blizzard increased costs of all echoes-purchased items by 5x.
C) Blizzard increased drop rate of all echoes by 5x.

B was done because of C.
C was done because Blizzard didn’t want players who were unable to collect echoes (due to the system) to feel bad that they would effectively be behind those players who were able to collect echoes.

A better solution would have been to introduce a new currency that started all players at zero for the corruption vendor, and there would be no need for A, B, or C.

1 Like

So you do not have your bis corruption, and your complaining about the vendor, but you just stated you do the bare minimum every week, if you would have grinded like every1 else with a raid spot you would have your bis corruption.