Target on mouseover (help)

What I want to do is move my mouse around the screen and when it is over a targetable mob, it automatically targets it when my mouse rolls over it. Right now I can target a mob by mousing over and left-clicking on it. I just want to remove the need to left-click the mob (always on). Is this possible?

What you want is this macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists][] SPELL NAME

The conditionals are the brackets, see this one has two sets of conditions, the first one is when you have a mouseover that exists, and the second one is blank, so it will just function as ‘regular’ if the first condition isn’t satisfied. For heals I’d include a ‘help’ condition so it won’t trigger the mouseover condition when I am moused over hostiles.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists][] renewing mist

or alternatively if you want the mouseover to only trigger when it’s something that can be attacked, however this one isn’t important like when you are using a spell or ability that can be cast of friendly targets. Because if you are targeting a friendly that you want to cast a heal on but mouse’d over a hostile, then the mouseover condition will trigger and it will revert the heal to your self (ugh this is getting too in the weeds here) tl;dr this one isn’t important but figured I’d mention it:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists][] touch of death

This one above should function as a mouse over and as a ‘regular’ targeting macro, like if you left click and they become your target, it will prioritize anything you have mouse’d over though.

Perhaps you could elaborate what spells you want to use with the mouseover? Offensive? Heals? Do you want it to function only as a mouse over or do you want it to also function as a ‘regular’ left-click targeted macro when you have no mouse over? What spells will you be using? Feel free to elaborate on exactly what you want.

(https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Macro_conditionals)