Target is stun but still hitting me

When I use hammer of justice , the target still manage to hit me 1 second later.

4 Likes

This has happened to me, but not quite the same.

Trap a target, run to range, as soon as target is untrapped I get hit by a melee white hit 30 yards away.

This is purportedly due to spell batching on the server. The mobs attack ended up in the same batch as your stun, so you still get hit, even if you actually got the stun off first. There are many MANY threads complaining about this, and to my knowledge, Blizz hasn’t responded to the issue.

4 Likes

Batching is at most 400ms.

I’ve been fireballed after casting fear while an enemy was feared and I was ending my 3s shadow bolt cast and here it comes.

If it was batching it would be faster than 3s, it would be faster than 1s.

Also, I’ve had enemies that melee run back and strike multiple times in a single hit - not an ability according to the combat log - after coming back from a fear or being stuck in any CC as if they piled up all the autoattacks they could and smacked me when they got back in range with the whole bag.

Defo not 400ms.

it seems to be a mixture of leeway/batching…the game feels quite awkward at the moment due to it

1 Like

I’ve noticed that issue too, when kiting or if a mob was feared and suddenly you are hit with a flurry of attacks at once…

Bump for justice. Still a huge issue having wide implications in both pvp and pve.

BUMP in the small chance that the community manage or the janitor actually reads the forums

I have to say that it’s pretty bs especially on moves like warstomp.

So you warstomp right? Then immediately try to cast roots or heal. Ok well usually the rogue or warrior kicks you so that roots or heal you were casting gets interrupted, while it’s impossible to cast that without them being stunned because you were casting warstomp which stuns them

So you say okay wait a second to cast then. Okay well warstomp only lasts 2 seconds so if I stomp then wait for batching (400ms) then heal, the stun then ends 400ms before I finish casting, allowing the kick/pummel anyways

So basically I should just reroll, quit playing, or kill myself is the conclusion you reach

3 Likes

lmfao Ravid!
wouldnt go as far as ending it but yeah :stuck_out_tongue:
Warstomp is pretty much useless all together.

1 Like

Was really annoyed last night trying to spell-lock healing mobs and clearly hitting the button before they finished the heal and still seeing their spell go through. Love wasting my cooldown for nothing.

I can Cheap Shot out of stealth and the mob still melees me or uses an instant ability. Totally broken.

1 Like

Warstomp supposed to stun for 2 seconds but stuns for not even 1 as spell batching borks the timing, not to mention if you shift to bear to bash which is on the same DR so it only ticks for 2 seconds…

1 Like
1 Like

This is DIRECTLY CONTRADICTORY to vanilla WoW. As of patch 1.10:

-Rogues:

• Creatures will no longer get one hit on a rogue before cheap shot takes effect.

Sad to see that this is not occurring in classic WoW, which is supposed to be as accurate an emulation of true vanilla.

4 Likes

Look at 22:08

Vanilla rogue video where the target is cheap shot and is INSTANTLY immobilized. There is no moving around on the enemies part or being able to attack. Here in classic, enemies can attack you and move around after stunned (there is about a 1-2 second delay).

1 Like

Yeah I can testify to this as well, I had a rogue gouge me and I auto attacked him a second later while gouged. That time it worked in my favor but even still it felt like major BS.

My fear is that the silence means they know about these batching-related bugs but also know that to get it to work properly involves more labor than their willing to do so they’re just waiting for us to get used to it or be quiet.

1 Like

I like how it’s not even in the realm of possibility that they may be trying to see what is causing the issue before releasing a statement about it.

I just said it’s a fear of mine, not that it’s the only possibility.