Tanking in mythic+

I’m a returning player that has played since the opening of the gates of AQ in vanilla. I’ve tanked most of those expansions, and I’m looking to get back into the game as a M+ tank. I have the most fun by helping others, and would love to gear up one of my tanks to be able to help people through m15s. What would be the best tank currently to do this on? I’m not really sure of any of the tank meta stuff, because I haven’t played in over a year.

To be honest, really honest. If I were you I would wait until SL season 4 to come out later this summer since the dungeon pool will draw from earlier xpac dungeons and for quite a lot of players it’ll be a fresh start in M+.

This late into Shadowlands with the same dungeons for the past 2 years, majority of the m+ player base know the best routes and composition and I suspect it wouldn’t be a good tanking experience for returning players to avoid being trolled. I would take this time that you have to level up if needed, gear up and pick your tank for season 4. That’s my opinion at least.

As for the best tank, Blood DK is really popular and does extremely well in m+. I don’t know more than that as I don’t tank at the moment, but look into it here and external sites for further research.