Tanking Addons

Assuming I ever get over my anxiety about tanking in Mythics I’m curious what addons everyone has. I’ve got a few notable ones already (Elvui, Plater, MDT) from just healing and doing M+ in general. But is there any more maybe not-so-obvious ones I wouldn’t already have.

1 Like

Not really as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

omnicd or something similar can be helpful. it lets you track your healer and dps cds which can help you make smarter pulls

1 Like

A very useful one is OmniCD so you can track party cooldowns/kicks, and then there’s weakauras to write up your own aura trackers, like if a healer gives you pain suppression.

It’s really not that bad. Just import a route and use interrupts/stuns to stop a few mechanics. The biggest thing is probably just being overly cautious if you notice that your Hunter for instance is a little oblivious. Going over count might annoy a person or two but it’s better than tilting everybody with a wipe.

3 Likes

Weakaura and the dungeon pack for weakauras

I keep thinking I had the same anxiety before I started healing years ago and now it’s all I do lol. So, I’m hoping this weekend I can give it a go. It can’t be any worse than the mini heart attacks I get healing when things hit the fan. :joy:

I think at first I only used DBM and that was fine, the dungeon WA packs are good. I like the ‘Required M+ percent to switch areas’ one and as people said OMNI CD.

Those and DBM there’s no real situation you’ll be going into that you aren’t knowing what you have.
Over time you’ll find tanking probably easier than healing :mending_heart:.

1 Like

You need DBM. That is all.
It tells you when you need to taunt off other tank for raids.

Yep! DBM is pretty essential for all the roles, I think. I didn’t mention it but I do have it. Certainly makes life easier.

I only use Mythic Dungeon tools and DBM

1 Like

Depending on if you plan on tanking on a paladin or not. A heal type add on is useful. It only pertains to pally tanking tho

Or you can obviously use mouse over macros both work just fine.

Your ability to spot heal and all your utility with your hand spells accessible to you is super helpful.

1 Like