Tank recommendations?

I want to start tanking on one of my alts, but I’m not sure which. I’m considering prot warrior, blood dk, veng dh or guardian druid. I’m pretty new to tanking, so wondering if any of these specs are more noob friendly than others. Any input is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

The only tank spec I recommend to new people is Prot Paladin. It’s straightforward as hell but has strong abilities and CDs.

Blood DK is gimmicky, Prot Warrior is button heavy and relies more on a decent healer than some other specs (assuming it’s vaguely similar to how it was a couple expansions ago), Guardian is gross who wants to be an animal? Veng DH is probably fine I guess.

1 Like

Brewmaster. We soak enemies with alcohol and light them on fire.

2 Likes

Literally last place spec for a new tank tbh. So easy to just be a burden on the healer when you’re new as a Brewmaster.

Brewmasters are not a burden, YOU’RE A BURDEN

3 Likes

druid has some nice cooldowns to stay alive, and quick aggro for aoe via swipe/thrash.

1 Like

Just be veng, just kinda flat out OP and blizzard doesn’t care lol

1 Like

can never go wrong with pally.

Bold words for a talking puppy.

4 Likes

How is this a question? Have you seen the internet?

The internet wants to be wolves, dragons, and anthro dogs, not literal bears.

Vengeance is great right now and imo pretty new player friendly.

I don’t know, the draw to druid for me was getting to be a cat or bear. Bears are sick, and so are guardian druids, especially with… I think the talent is wildfire? The one where spending rage eventually releases heals. Very nice.

3 Likes

Guardian druid is great. I’m not a real tank. I mostly only dabble when it’s really needed. But guardian feels safe, strong and sturdy straight off the bat. Your defenses are simple and obvious, you have easy and clear pulling through moonfire, you do good damage in your own right for any solo activities. Not to mention all the utility you bring to a group with rezzes, stampeding roar, a buff and some heals. Plus bear forms just look awesome!

2 Likes

Prot warrior

1 Like

Good informative thread for beginner tank and class choice here:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like

Prot pally. Fun to play and easier rotation while having high dps and a lot of CDs to use to help both you and the group

Not from around here, are ya?

1 Like

I find It annoying , sigils are love/hate

1 Like