Tank PvP in Shadowlands

Any of them looking strong in shadowlands?

Hopefully not :grimacing:

7 Likes

if the game is good, no

3 Likes

Yea some really crazy builds atm. Also big burst and utility just as we like our Prot.

Like it was in when we had the best PvP in TBC/Wrath then yes Prot will be good. Lets be honest the game is great when every class has OP builds.

1 Like

yeah great take
youre def not an idiot !1!1

2 Likes

Everyone has their favorite expansion. TBC/Wrath was the best PvP and expansions for many. Just awesome class design and game that gave us fantastic PvP. It was timeless.

As far as SL is concerned everything will be broken so maybe some fun will be had for the players but it won’t be balanced at all. Arena probably won’t be competitive. Just to many new systems but PvP can be fun with all the broken gear/soulbind/covenants.

tbc arena was awful and dominated by like less than a handful of specs

‘timeless’ is just nostalgia with your immense dislike of the current game emphasizing it

ah you’re a casual dabbler that likes real wacky stuff like 90% haste and tfb 1 shots and FUN !!1!11!1 then?

take your meds jesus lmao

1 Like

‘mistysharts’ btw

1 Like

Best expansion for any MMO in the history of gaming. Won’t claim Arena was great but PvP was.

Yes the current game is bad. We need to go back to talent trees and real RPG class design that we had. Instead of new systems that give us temporary talent trees and borrowed power.

I wouldn’t say I am casual a great week for me would be PvPing several hours everyday. I do love PvP and miss the old gearing as well. I do all forms of PvP am in a PvP guild and PvP battlegroup.

The fact is players have fun when stuff is broken despite poor balance. PvP doesn’t have to be balanced for it to be fun. That is the case for this game or any game. That however might translate into poor Arena at certain ratings or difficult Metas. However I merely said there could be some fun to be had amidst everything that will be broken. Don’t read into it to much. :smile:

1 Like

there are two different perspectives here and i don’t disagree with how you feel because of your casual perspective

i and a lot of arena players (i’m fully aware casual players are the majority) disagree thoroughly

that’s pretty much it

summarize the thread
casual players enjoy when tank specs are good in arena
arena focused players dont

dont forget to take your meds kiddos ^.-

Replace tbc with cata, mop, wod, legion, and bfa and you can insert that sentence into any discussion on any topic on any forum.

Oh that’s what you call a bad day.

i feel like people who say BC was the best for arena did not play the game until WoD

2 Likes

I’ve only messed around with blood DK. How strong they are in pvp will depend on damage tuning, but in terms of survivabilty cooldowns they have a lot more than they have currently (this is kind of true for the DPS I have tried as well).

Here are some of their healing sources:

Deathstrike
Bonestorm healing
Lichborne into death coil self healing
Summon pet and pet sacrifice for healing
Runeforge enchant that procs a 48% HoT when you are taken below 35%.

That is on top of all of their defensives. All of the above (except for bonestorm) is available to all DK specs, btw.