Taming 'Soundless'

I am currently taming these [Rare Pets w/ Uncommon Looks] from wow-petopia. (The pets on this page have looks that are only available on one rare, tameable NPC.)

I’m doing great so far but I just realized the pet ‘Soundless’ drops a mount (campfest) and has a very long respawn. This is gonna be rough, and I already felt bad when trying to tame Oondasta when people showed up to kill her… and I let 3 groups to “pass” me before deciding to not tame her.

Has anyone tamed Soundless yet?

Took me forever to get the mount. I wouldn’t tame it unless you are on a dead realm or come across it when there is no one around. I came across it once when there was no one to be found, but usually there are quite a few people hunting it.

Just my opinion. :wink:

1 Like

Oondasta only has like a 20ish min spawn timer so don’t feel to bad about something like that. As for Soundless HOOOO BOY! I only played 8.2 for about a month and a half to get flying but I remember hearing a lot of complaining about this one. When it was current you could apparent tame the pet while everyone else was smacking it which lead to some degree of drama.

Apparently it has a much better drop rate then it did then according to some videos I have seen about mount farming in SL but it is still another one of those drops that is akin to the Time Lost Proto Drake with its different spawn locations and formerly also required unconventional means to reach.

I will also throw this out there, as a collector I think if you happen upon it and are interested in taming it you should not feel bad just because it is also the source of something more rare. People kill Spirit Beasts and other rare mobs in Northrend all the time for there goodies and for the ‘rare mob hunting’ achievement.

It sucks that Blizzard dose this kind of thing at times but that is just how it is at times. Your selfless attitude is appreciated don’t get me wrong, I just don’t think someone else desires should discourage you from pursuing your own when there is in fact enough to go around for everyone.

One tactic you can consider using is if you have a friend who can make a trial character on an extremely low population server like say Ravenholdt you check that server then they can invite you across. This is how many people collected the list of WoD 100% drop mounts found around the expansion (myself included)
Best of luck to you out there whatever it is your choosing to go after.

1 Like

I got real lucky getting the Mount. Got it my First kill . Then took over a year to get the Battle Pet. Payback I guess.

Yup! I’ve had rare good luck with tough things and then something with a 30% drop rate takes me 100 kills. Lol.

RNG baby.

and here i am getting that mount on the first try. hell, i didnt even try, i just saw the rare and attacked it

for taming it as a pet i say the same thing i say with Oondasta. if i get there first then i can choose if i wanna tame it or attack it