Taming larion

Can someone tell me why I didn’t get a larion harness in the cave, instead i got a kit and treats. Went back today and nothing. Also do you need it to tame a larion?

I only have an answer to the question about taming larions; I can’t answer your other questions.

Larions are part of the Feathermane family (alongside gryphons, hippogriffs, wyverns, owl-cats and wolf-hawks from Legion, and those wingless hippogriffs in Bastion).

In order to be able to tame Feathermanes, you need to buy the tome off the quartermaster in the Hunter Class Hall (Legion). You need to complete the first class campaign (not the Broken Shore stuff) in order to unlock the tome.

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yea I have that just can’t seem to find out anything else. Thanks

Got the harness today, and it states will let you befriend a larion for 10 minutes to assist you.
Plus the blacksmith kit and what

So, if I’m already past level 50, am I screwed for this? Since I now can’t do the story mission for legion? or can I still access the class hall?

never mind, I got the answer lol

You can still the quest line just need to head to class hall to begin. You don’t get the Tomb until you get you class mount, so be patient.

I just did it day before yesterday on my latest Hunter (this one; I’ve done it 4 times total now to get the feathermane book). Just go to Dalaran and talk to the lady in the bow store and after a short quest get the quest to pick an artifact. Complete the artifact quest and that will lead to another quest to get access to the class hall.

I’m not sure what, if any, rep is involved to get the feathermane book, though. I did the rep grinding on my Belf Hunter years ago.