Taming elites as as a hunter?

With scaling tech is this even possible without outlevelling the whole bracket? Elites are always 1 or 2 levels higher then you. Went to go tame the turtle Ghamoo-Ra and “Creature too high level” But until I hit level 62 it’ll constantly be too high level for me… that’s really frustrating.

1 Like

I would just use another turtle in the meantime if you absolutely have to level with a turtle.

even five years ago, before this scaling schlock existed (and i had a different name) i didn’t bother taming ungoro devilsaurs until i was level 80

Taming elites hasnt been the same since blizz baselined their stats and all imo

Unless you camp for Loque’nahak. This got harder because of the CRZ.

Not talking about difficulty i am talking about when they were really unique like BT having the fastest attack speed in the game or the purple raptor in barrens able to run down mounted players

2 Likes

I know what you meant. But some exotic beast still have unique abilities. Elites being baseline makes sense to me, but that could be debated to death since some nostalgic hunters could easily find counter arguments, like comparing item RNG vs the luck of taming a stronger pet. Not a debate-train I rather ride.

I prefer them being mostly cosmetic so I’m not forced to use a pet I don’t like just because it’s BiS.

But I can’t tame the turtle with a look I want because it’ll always outlevel me… Something bliz didn’t think through with level scaling.

1 Like

That’s 100% the reason Blizzard base-lined everything. I agree with it. I think if a look is rare then that is what counts anyway, at the end of the day.

1 Like

Wrong.

Dungeon boss is not equal to standard elite.

Not to supporting scaling, I can’t stand it, but had to speak up against 100% wrong info.

You want a standard elite, no problem. You want a boss,

is your option. Happy hunting.

Get the Guardian of the Deep

Nope standard elites are 1 or 2 levels higher.

Also this wasn’t the case before scaling. Scaling is fine, but this is frustrating and serves no purpose.

That’s funny. Neither of my accounts have this issue. None of my alts have run into this issue.

The only ones that are higher are instanced.

Guess my accounts are just privileged or something that the open world is my level.

TBC elite cats up on the ledge in terokkar. 69-72. Killed many until a 69 spawned. Tamed.
Before scaling open world had a level range.

then you say

You can’t have both. It’s either fine or it isn’t.

Not every elite in an instance is a boss? I’ve yet to encounter a open world elite. There isn’t a lot anymore. But the dungeon ones are 1-2 levels and bosses are 2 levels.

Cool, that’s not an option here.

Scaling is fine, this particular issue with scaling is not. There is no reason elites need to be higher level then you are.

NOPE!

WTF? Where did you level? Ebay?

evil laugh I still have nightmares about the Scarlet Courier. Loading screen tip about “safer on the roads” was total Tauren crap!

intended. They’re dungeon elites.

In a dungeon, it makes sense, It’s “harder” content. And those are the ones that are scale+1 to 3.

You want some real fun at 70? Go chase https://www.wowhead.com/npc=14020/chromaggus.

I’ve meant since levelling this character post level scaling… because that’s what we’re talking about.

Yeah but you said:

“Standard” elites are found in dungeons.

Got them on my main hunter. Though tbf, I think I was 80 at the time. Late wrath or early cata.

My alts have met many. Ghostlands. Tanaris. EPL. Have a few EACH.

Sorry, should have been more specific and said open world elite.

IIRC: Open world non-boss are your level. Open world quest boss are you +1.
Dungeon standard are you +1 or 2. Dungeon boss are you +2. Raid boss are you +3. Open world boss are zone/xpac cap+3.