Talking Shop: What Weakness do you Feel Plague the Mistwaever

So this is why mw monks are bad in mythic+ and pvp, because their essence font and jade wind which applies a heal that ‘tickles’ everyone in the raid for a small amount tops the healing meters in raids. Good luck getting anywhere in 20+ keys with those 2 spells if those are your main heals, you don’t even use essence font or jade wind at all in pvp.
So thats why mw monks most likely aren’t going to get redone to help them in mythic+ and pvp becasuse they perform okay on the healing meters in raids with those 2 spells tiny aoe ticks, and any changes would only buff their “op” healing in raids too.

Ironically in a non-raid setting the healing would actually be pretty fine if the channel wasn’t 3 seconds. hitting 3 bolts on a single person will heal 141% SP which is pretty comparable with most aoe heals.

It actually heals for a lot both ef and rfw heal for more than most other heals even some single target.

Also healing at that high key is not an issue. Monks do that. They actually put out more healing. The issue is they compared to paladins do not put out the same dps.

Coming from a WW main, but I have healed a fair amount over the years.

Mana is definitely an issue. Mastery is a lil weird. Vivify’s interaction with Renewing Mist harkens back to WoD, but does not have the support it did before of Renewing Mist having a chance to not eat a charge based on like crit or mast (I don’t remember what it was back in WoD).

Multi strike lol, that build back in wod was fun if you had enough of it.

I can’t speak on pvp but in m+ RJW and EF are not the reasons we are bad… not at all

When looking at the high end (bleeding edge) meta for healers its all about healer damage, which compared to shaman and paladin we do not bring great amounts. There is a very strong trickle down meta in wow so even in keys where it literally doesn’t matter (20 and down) people will still act like it does.
When lookin at your average 2-20 pug key healing is normally actually a boon to have. You’re expecting a lot of un-needed damage to go through which requires healing which paladin can struggle with. Paladin damage is also massively nerfed in pugs that don’t pull around AH.

We are actually one of the strongest M+ healers due to Vivify and being able to constantly have 4-5 renewing mists up at all times roughly if played well. Not to mention the ability to have strong spot healing through vivify/enveloping mist/ef hot effect.

While people were speaking before about how Essence font and RJW were their top heals it was specifically in raid.

If you are going to quote me, do not take me out of context. In your reply, you left out the words “In raids”. M+ and raid healing are different beasts. We focus on different mechanics and it is a misnomer to try and loop them together. For example, I seldom take the talent “Rushing Jade Wind” I tend to go with Chi-Ji to help power through healing intensive moments. I also switch up conduits, I do not empower my Revival, and I tend to focus on getting Chi-Ji back faster. Lastly, I do not always use Revival as a heal, many times I use revival as a way to remove group wide debuffs.

I enjoy healing as a “Fistweaver” and so far into this expansion this has been my experience…

• I seldom have mana problems because I am constantly generating mana from fistweaving. I have gotten to the point that I do not need the “mana orb” power to do M+.
  • Our healing output is amazing and our ability to pump single and multiple targets is impressive.
  • We don’t have major Dungeon altering utility as some of the other healers but RoP is good, I enjoy leg sweep and Paralyze is decent.
  • Our movement is unmatched by any of the other healers.

Negatives:

• We lack the damage that Paladins and Shamans are pushing.
  • Not having “jab” to interrupt seems ridiculous…

Overall, we are in a good spot in both raids an M+. However, I doubt we will be asked to do higher end keys due to missing key elements such as…

• Damage
  • Rez
  • Lust
  • DR

You should be able to do 15-20 easily. Just lower your expectations in doing 25+, I would suggest getting a crew together to push it. Random pugs may not put their faith in you…

You shoukd literally never he touching vivify unless in extrene situations. On an average fight you should have naybe 1 or 2 casts of it.

Mana is not an issue of you play well. Ill average around 8 to 10k hps now and on most fights my mana wont dip below 90%. I could pump harder but no point when theirs literally nothing to actually heal.

This is from a raid perspective.