Taking the portal to Stormwind from Boralus

So anyone can explain why when I am on my max level Character and I take the portal to SW from Boralus it will take me to the mage tower, but if I take it on one of my leveling Kul Tirans it takes me to the Emissary building?

I imagine, like Zandalari, Kul Tirans have their own portal set up while leveling, because they haven’t actually done the quest to open up the portal room but that capital is still their “racial hub”.’

Edit: This doesn’t really explain why the portal would go to a different location but it’s likely the portal created for the allied race was not made by the same people/person who made the normal portals and they just happened to choose different locations.

1 Like

I noticed this with all Allied Races: Any portal puts them at the Emissary Building.

1 Like

Ahh that makes sense thanx

So this could possibly be a bug?

Happens to me on my allied characters as well whenever I hearth back or take a SW portal. I think it was designed to be that way, since they are allied races? Good question though, Steampunk, of it possibly being a bug. I just always chalked it up to allied races since that’s where their flags are and all.

Yah I figured that, it isn’t such a big deal to either it just had me perplexed, I may just put in a bug report for the heck of it and see where it goes from there. It also aint a serious issue now that i can fly, before it was annoying because I would have to run ha ha.

1 Like

Keep us updated if you get any sort of info on it. Kinda has me wondering myself now. hahaha

1 Like

Sure will :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s because yer not usin’ a dwarf-made portal. They jus’ donnae have the stability.

I’ll let ya intae the secret to the perfect portal…

/looks around and leans in close

whispers The secret is a strand of beard or chest hair. One fine thread of top quality face or chest rug makes the portal incredibly stable.

Trust me. There’s a reason why when the elves try tae make a portal fer the Legion it fails, but the Sorceror-Thane succesfully summoned Ragnaros. Elves jus’ cannae grow the beard or chest hair needed fer stability.

1 Like

It might be a bug, but I’m not sure what happens at max level. It’s possible the portal is replaced by the regular one.

1 Like

Well I will find out that when I hit 110 which won’t be long but as for now I will just truck along :slight_smile: Thanks Hazzulu

1 Like