Taking over a guild from an inactive guild lead?

So I’m aware the guild lead needs to have been inactive for 90 days; that’s 3 months. Well my friend who’s guild lead of one of the guilds I’m in has been inactive for 3 months and has told me it’s okay if I take guild lead from them.

Question is I don’t know how to do this? They told me there should be an option on roster or under the info section of the guild but I’m not seeing anything.

Is there a rank restriction?

I think you haveto be in one of the top couple guild ranks to do so, otherwise you have to send a ticket. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Yes.

The Guild Master Dethrone feature allows guild leadership to pass to active members in specific situations.
Note : This feature is currently unavailable for WoW Classic Characters.
An active guild member can use the Dethrone button to claim ownership if:

• The current guild master has been offline for at least 90 consecutive days.
    Note: The 90-day timer only considers the login activity of the guild master character, not other characters on the same account.
  • They are guild rank 1, 2, or 3, and logged in within the last week. To see your numeric guild rank, find your guild on the World of Warcraft community site and view the Roster . Higher rank characters get higher priority for notifications.
    Note: It may be possible for ineligible characters to see the dethrone notification, though they’ll receive an error if they try to claim ownership.
    Once the above requirements have been met, the Guild Master Inactive! option will appear with a notice to eligible members in the Guild News & Events feed. To find the feed, follow these steps:
  1. Open Guild & Communities pane in minimap (default shortcut is J)
  2. Expand the pane fully using the arrow tab in the corner if it is minimized
  3. Click on the Info tab on the right side of the pane
  4. The Guild Master inactive! message will appear in the Guild News on the right side of the pane

Note: Game Masters will not assist with transitions in guild ownership.

Hope this helps, OP! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suggest you read ‘The Prince’, by Niccolò Machiavelli published in 1532, it helps with things just like this :slight_smile: good luck!

7 Likes

Good luck mate

1 Like

It does help; Unfortunately I’m neither Rank 2 or rank 3 in the guild D: and No one Rank 1, 2 or 3 has been on in 3+ Months.

ah kornbredkon from dalaran realm trying to steal everything in the GB

Why are you bumping all my old threads?

You have a stalker

I know… and he’s doing it because I made two posts on two of his recent threads calling him out from pushing false information and jumping the gun on datamines without researching sources or checking facts.

1 Like

Probably best to report and ignore if that’s the case.

Not sure how to report for harassment when there’s not a specific option for it.

cant he just log in and /gleader?

This is an old topic that was necrobumped by someone who was attempting to be prude with me.

Also you can’t log in to a character over level 20 when you have an inactive subscription.

ohhh. I see.

An addition to this question. I am pretty much in a dead guild. GM hasn’t logged in for 2months now. Also all the ranked members are his alts I believe. Next month when they don’t log in (I’m hoping they don’t) can I take they GM title and kick all the others out?

No.

You MUST be Rank: 1, 2, or 3

This system is trash to be honest. If you want a guild, make your own. Don’t take someone else’s guild. I lost one of my old guilds(I used as extra storage) like this. I have since made “buffer” ranks to circumvent this system. Blizzard really dropped the ball here. Terrible system.

The old system was better. Have the guild master put a ticket in, if they’re not playing or have an active subscription, stating that they release ownership to playerX or playerZ.

More often than not people who dethrone don’t even use the guild. They raid the bank and then that’s it. This is an awful system. I don’t know who was high when this was implemented. Easy to circumvent, but even more silly when you log into a bank alt to find out your bank has been swiped.

Yeah you may not have been playing, but that doesn’t mean you quit. Should quit if Blizzard supports people doing this nonsense. Make a ticket asking to be reinstated, “use the dethrone feature.” It doesn’t even show up if you’re not the right rank. Hence why I made buffer ranks.

Blizzard really got it wrong here, just like when they removed perks of being in a guild.

Tl;dr
Can’t dethrone unless rank: 1, 2, or 3
Trash system that is dated

1 Like

I am actually on a break from the actual game at the moment as I don’t care about it, but mark my words I will be back before 3 months is up most likely.

Shadowlands time.

1 Like