Taking Initiative!

Look, I am really bad at forum posting, okay? I’m sorry. It’s just a fact at this point! Let me preface this by informing everyone that the next Introduction to Roleplaying (ITP, from now on) will be held at the Gates of Ironforge (at the merchant wagon on the slope), 5pm ST Wednesday, August 5th (I believe). This will be an IC event, and the spark of the arc is: Trading Post!

Hey guys, I just wanted to recap everything that was discussed this past Wednesday (thanks to everyone involved, again!). I think it went really well, there was a lot of good communication had. I do apologize for not making it a Neutral event (have mercy lovely Hordies! I love you, too!), it was just a little short notice and I had an awful cold.

So, basically, it’s been pretty well agreed that we want to see more Roleplaying around WoW. Which probably sounds really obvious, but there it is. We’re not a massive realm(s) with a huge population of players. But that’s what makes us uniquely wonderful. Our community is well knit, with communication between the factions and many people on H and A sides. It certainly lends a nice familiarity at gatherings, and really gives CC-SoE a feeling of homeyness. I think I made that word up.

I had proposed hosting a sort of Round Robin gathering event for Wednesday nights at 5pm ST, to take place in various areas that are New Player and Low Level friendly. Being seen will definitely help increase participation and interest in other, established events.

I’d also like to continue the idea of providing a time and space where players that are new to RP, or want advice from experienced RPers, to come together in a short of workshop manner. I may try to set something up for Friday nights, again at 5pm ST. We’ll see how things pan out.

There was mention that players in the Eastern and Central timezones sometimes have trouble making it to Server Time evening events, and I agree. 6pm ST is pretty late ET/CT, which is why I have been scheduling for 5pm. I, personally, can push those even earlier if there’s interest. I can also make myself available later on weekends, which are my busy days, but those nights are free for me.

Finally, and most enticing to me, there was a suggestion to host events at places like the Darkmoon Faire. Which, why have we NOT?! It’s a fantastic idea and it would be great to host some kind of party outing to the Faire. There was the idea of replicating some events from the Summer Festival, which I have not attended (shame), but it sounds like a lot of fun!

I just wanted to update you all on how things went, however briefly, and apologize for being a terrible poster. If anyone would like to discuss ideas or voice concerns about any of this, feel free to track me down in game or on the Discord server! My battletag is Jayhawk990#1982, feel free to add me, just let me know who ya are.

Don’t forget to join the Discord, and join the OOC channels. Don’t be afraid to speak up about your ideas, desires and things you think could be improved! This community is so amazing, so awesome, and I can’t wait to see you all in game.
(And, if you’re shy or anxious like me, please feel free to whisper me and I will absolutely help you out as best I can. If you need one on one RP to get comfortable in your character, or you need a voice in the chat, I will be there for you. Believe me, this is the greatest bunch of understanding people ever. You can do it! You are the brave!)

Thank you all so much!

2 Likes

I quite like this idea.

It might have been a while ago now, but I distinctly remember that clammy, anxious feeling of waiting outside an event trying to get up the courage to go and do what seemed like breaking into other people’s rp. Getting nerves just remembering it now.

Of course, now I know that it wasn’t breaking into anyone’s rp, and that people here are welcoming. This Introduction to Roleplay idea sounds like a good way to bridge the initial rp experience for anyone who might need it. If there’s a way I can help with this, let me know.

1 Like

I applaud your efforts Ketyru!! I would also love to help in any way I can. I would also like to mention that if you wish to do things that include both sides, you remind folks to get some Elixir of Tongues, available in Dalaran.

There are some wonderful places that can be used for cross faction attendence, the Darkmoon Faire is just one. I am sure we can come up with a few to choose from.

As for the new rpers and their reluctance, I was there at one time as well. I am always willing to help anyone new to rp or shy and needing a mentor. I have way too many characters, (altoholic!) and willing to help in any way I can, either side.

1 Like

We’ve had events at the Darkmoon Faire previously. Lellith used to hold a big party bash every Friday of the faire (so it was a monthly event). And before she started that there was a few attempts at a trade market held at the DMF where folks could sell in-game items ICly or even RP items. Lana here sold song commissions.

I’d be eager to see more of these come up as well, so I’m encouraging your efforts! I might not always be able to make it since these days I don’t sign on until 7pm server time for the most part, but give me a few days notice and I’ll make an effort to log on early and help out!

1 Like