Take the transfer?

Pretty superfluous topic I apologize but picking a home is a pretty big deal. Is it worth taking the leap and transferring/re-rolling? Does EF have a decent enough player base as is already and feel like it is growing or does it seem kinda sparse? I took a gander last night and /world seemed kinda dead and that was, to be truthful rather worrying.

I have limited play time in my schedule and Herod with its queue and overwhelming population both Horde and Alliance is not conducive to allow leveling without spending 80 of my 90 minutes GY running. So I was hoping the smaller pop servers would have a better faction balance and quest area availability.

I appreciate your time for a response. Thank you. Have a wonderful day adventurers.

1 Like

Other than day 1-4 I’ve had no issue finding groups. The first day I was the only one on the zeppelin both times I took it, last night I was one of about 20-25 on the zeppelin.

The server is already higher than a “full”
Vanilla server ever was.

I think right now it’s a slight horde favor but certainly more balanced than some realms. It’s definitely getting more full and I would imagine if herod, skeram, kromkrush etc have queues again this weekend another few hundred + will transfer.

It hit “medium” level the past few nights.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Apart from the steady growth, I have seen a boom in world and lfg chat and a much higher amount of players in major cities.

The thing that distinguishes EF from the other servers is that you can easily recognize most people around you. From the groups you join, to the people who are talking in world chat; we have a more tight knit community.

2 Likes

I’ve been here for a couple of days now, and there’s been a nice increase in activity in questing zones as well as in cities and LFG chat. Even in the morning when I play, there’s still a good amount of activity, so in the evening it’s probably much better.

The community is really nice, very, very little trolling and spamming like you see on the big realms, and people are friendly and helpful.

The AH seems to be pretty steady, lots of items with more appearing each day, and the prices are good too.

I’ve had no regrets taking the transfer, but I personally prefer a smaller community where you can easily recognize the people around you, as opposed to feeling lost in the ocean.

2 Likes

My experience so far: prior to this week, it was quiet. Not quite enough pop to feel like youre on active server. With that being said though, the community that has been growing through that is amazing, unlike any other server ive been on. NOW we have the pop, and the community is super awesome, not to mention no ques ever. For my money EF is a great home. But ultimately you have to decide what is important for you.

1 Like

I transferred yesterday from Kirtonos. Trade/LFG/General chat seem very active. Two of my IRL buds xfered with me.

Got a huge population boom this week as more and more people join. I’m pretty happy with the move from Skeram.

its higher than original vanilla pop

This is my debate. My guild on Herod is adamant about staying, but I end up having to sit in 4000-8000 queues when I get off work or “cheat” and hopefully not get kicked off the server during the day. I don’t like either option. I get it. The extremely high pop makes grouping up and doing things easy, but when you only have 2-3 hours a night during the week to play a queue takes all of that away.

I’m getting myself ready for transfer today and getting ready to speak with my GM. An extremely helpful person, but also not one to realize it’ll be months before queues even become reasonable. I can deal with a 1500-2000 queue every night. Can’t deal with 4000-8000 queues.

1 Like

This is the same reason my guild decided to transfer. Its definitely not as populated as Herod, but I am enjoying the new economy and fresh players.

Just transferred last night from Skeram. Got into a guild right away and ran some SM. Goodbye ques, hello Earthfury!

GM made it easy to transfer. LOL. Had to sit back in Herod’s queue one last time as I’d forgotten about an auction I left up.

Don’t be me and forget to save your addon settings. I am have to redo my entire UI.

The server is growing! Nice community, nothing to add! :smiley:

Really thinking about transferring here from Herod. hows the Ally pop vers the Hord pop? Is it close to even?
Cause Herod wasnt even close and it sucked

It’s very close to a 50/50 according to various census’s that have been taken over the weekend. However, I believe transfers are closed until further notice so you will have to stand by.

Unless they closed today or yesterday I don’t know about transfers being closed. I transferred Sunday after fighting Herod queue boss to empty forgotten auctions. I hope we aren’t closed to transfers. That would be bad for Earthfury and for people on high population servers like Herod. I know during the week the Herod queue ends up peaking around 4-6k and on weekends I saw 8k+. That’s not changing prior to Phase 1 imho. So the only way to stay there is to login early and do the “hacks” to keep from AFKing. Not my cup of tea. I like that I can get on here without an issues after work and eat dinner. Bit more casual evening than the rush home to login.

They are all closed for now, unfortunately. I don’t know why - full are still too populated and new realms could use a few thousand more people to be at the higher end of medium and I’m line with the other servers.

Hopefully they open transfers up again

Just did!!! :grin:

they just opened back up, i am also on the fence about coming over

9 of us just came over so should be growing even more this weekend

1 Like