Taivan's entire story is about him being large- revert the shrink

His entire quest chain is about how he’s so large that he can carry a whole centaur on his back. But now? I just don’t understand the rationale to make him the size of every other wolf/canid mount.

And yes I know there are other threads on this topic. That’s kind of the point. This change seems so bafflingly anti-fun and anti-wow itself as it betrays the defining characteristic of the character. I thought we left “well known story heroes were diminished” behind back in Shadowlands? :thinking: Guess not (yes Taivan is a hero fight me)

There are mounts 3x Taivan (pre-size nerf)'s size like the Mammoths. There are even quadrupedic mounts that were the exact same size as Taivan like the Maldraxxus Bull-skeleton mounts. There were no issues there?

Just revert it Blizzard. Nobody cares about the minute visual issues he had if it means this is the end result of “fixing” that. He’s not Taivan anymore. He’s literally just a random Bakar mount that is not remotely worth the grind to get now.

50 Likes

Not to mention the fact that this is an EXPANSION LONG achievement that deserves an exceptional mount like a life size Taivan.

Now he’s just a typical mount that I’ll never ride again out of my 860 odd mounts.

25 Likes

Make it rain Taivan complaint threads for all I care.

Be sure to also submit suggestions and/or bug reports in game as well. I’m still convinced this is a sick joke or a mistake.

16 Likes

The slug they removed from the meta feels more prestigious now.

Unique animations and colors

Versus another dog

1 Like

From the company that brought you “Fun detected” nah I think this was intentional.

4 Likes

The slug is unironically one of my favorite mounts they’ve ever done.

Definitely worth it, meta or no.

2 Likes

Did the size change even fix those issues?
The “not changing pitch on a hill” thing seems like it wouldn’t be related to size

1 Like

Change it back, Blizzard.

1 Like

Un-nerf my best boy Taivan is suposed to be the “biggest and best boy” there is. why are we nerfing him and not just changing how we sit on him

8 Likes

Seething slug: he’s a funny squishy dude. That looks kind of fun.

Taivan before: HE’S HUGE! THAT MOUNT IS COOL!

Taivan now: that player is riding a brown dog.

7 Likes

His /mountspecial is him just slugging around in circles. I love him so much.

3 Likes

YES.

I love the slug for that reason. He’s missing a lava trail but he is so neat.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought he was a perfect story about accepting who you are, physically, because we ALL have something we don’t like about ourselves but you know what? What can ya do? My nose will always be crooked, I can’t change it. Taivan was always big, he can’t change that either! Blizz are ableists, this is a perfect example of it.

8 Likes

My big theory here is they’re saving precious server space by programming the trumpet, the mount summon, and his spawn in Maruukai to refer to the same character.

(If it even works like that, darned if i know)

Because that would require effort. why do that when you can just shrink him. -Blizzard, probable

3 Likes

No it didn’t. your foot is still in the saddle, because they didn’t shrink it along with the mount.

His run animation clips with his saddle even more so now that he’s tiny. He has a wolf run animation and skeleton now.

1 Like

A big meta achievement deserves a big boy as the reward. REVERT THE SHRINK!!!

7 Likes

What I don’t like about this is that you went for Taivan in part because of his size. Now that people have worked for it…suddenly they change it …and that isn’t very cool, imo.

If he becomes big again I’ll work on getting him. That’s why I wanted him anyway. XD

Edit: I got this thread and another one mixed up. My comment is basically what OP said, HAH.

Great minds and all that…

4 Likes

Blizard please don’t stink! Re-vert the shrink!!!

9 Likes

Makes it an easy decision not to bother with any more meta achievements. Especially the ones I can’t complete because Blizz broke wq’s and special events. Glad to see they have their priorities straight.

4 Likes