Taivan is suppose to be big. Make big

Does anyone have before and after pictures?
Someone just told me they never shrunk him and I don’t know what to believe anymore.

Thank you.

The mount isn’t Brown Hunting Dog
The mount isn’t Son of Taivan
The mount is Taivan

You have people engaging now in the meta likely ONLY because the mount is literally Taivan and… they made him fun size.

5 Likes

I’m not allowed to post a link but there are a few on Twitter. You can take my word for it as well as I had gotten the meta on 3/26. Taivan was life-sized then. He’s now just a regular dog/wolf mount size. VERY disappointing for a Meta Achievement.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily doubt you but your reply made me chuckle.

“Trust me bro”
-internet guy

All you have to do is look at my profile & armory page to see when I got the meta. It’ll show that I got the achievement on 3/26. Wowhead also has pictures of people getting it 15 odd days ago & you can pretty much see how big he was & should still be.

Unlike other internet peeps, I’m not into lying but I get it.

2 Likes

A fix is Urgent Required

3 Likes

Yeah I feel like I’ve been working towards a reward for weeks just for that reward to be changed into something worse. The big version was so cool! Now he’s just another canine mount and i’m sad and disappointed. Please revert this :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve seen people mount him while waiting to kill the Noblegarden boss, he was HUGE

1 Like

I love that a dev said the Realm First achieves for Remix were unintended by day’s end but Taivan’s going on a week without any explanation.

3 Likes

It’s also funny the achievement is so rediculious that only .24% of players have done it. A fourth of a % lol looking at it is quite daunting xP

Then they shrink him…

Like holy crap looking at the achievements…then seeing all the achievements needed for those achievements and what’s needed for each…what the actual crap!?! Think this will take me another whole expansion to do…

I need to see if my old main has more progress because dear God I’ll never see this mount then lol

1 Like

That’s a lot of it.

Like, A World Awoken is a lot of stuff. But doing all that stuff for THE TAIVAN, and a grand majestic mount like he was before the shrink, it was worthwhile.

Now? I can get better mounts off the Renown vendors.

3 Likes

Just keeping it going, give us big Taivan back pretty please!

2 Likes

I stopped working on the achievements after they shrunk him. Kinda disappointing, but then again, some of these chieves were going to be real headaches lol.

3 Likes

Literally started my sub again to start working on the meta, I’ve been hoping for a Taivan mount since I first met the good boy. I feel scammed :frowning:

1 Like

What the heck is taivan and why do i see so many threads about it its kinda getting on my nerves at this point

Alright, what will you say if they don’t ever unshrink him? Or if they never even say, “Hey this was the problem we were addressing, it can’t be fixed unless Taivan is small, sorry not sorry.”?

-it was unacceptable that it took a week to get a ham-fisted response on why he was shrunk.

-unless the animation issues are related to the mount function, which doesn’t seem to be the case, they can be left in and the shrink reversed.

-I’ll withdraw my comments on bait and switch, but now I’ll say that he should have been on the PTR. How did the animation issues hit live? Was Taivan rushed? And if so, why?

1 Like

There are some mounts that still have run animation issues that are linked to size. I’m not positive because I don’t have a Tauren or male Draenei but I think the WoD wolves are some of the worst offenders. There is one that is bigger - a black one. And it’s really bad, at least last I saw.

Arguably the best questline in Dragonflight. He is a giant dog in the game and him being so large is an important aspect about his character and what made the whole quest conclusion so damn good. Shrinking him is literally destroying his character.

They’ve responded to this. He was shrunk because of some animation bug and he’s being returned to original size in an upcoming patch.

1 Like