Taeznak's 10.0 Frost Feedback

This. I know Frostwyrms Fury is a big CD and can be made into massive damage at the right times…but I agree with moving it up a tier

Edit:

That’s the exact thing: Rune of Razorice. But it’s still underwhelming and to spread it…

2 Likes

agree lets do better blizzard!

That or just like 3 whelps that spawn near your target or behind you and do an AoE cone

hey biceps I’m curious

is dw obliterate bad?
coming more so from a pvp perspective and I could careless about pve.

last time I really played frost pvp was mop I think, and it was great.

as far as sinaforsas breath what they should do is allow it to be talented like many of the uhdks dots, such that it concentrates the damage over a much shorter duration

ie ticking for 10k per tick over 1 minute vs 150k per tick for 3 seconds?

something like that

also wtf happened to hazzed
is he not playing?

I think hazzed is playing classic

I always like how unholy has interactions with scourge strike and festering strike. With shattering blade I feel like frost is close but not quite there. Maybe incorporating the shatter mechanic into a wider range of abilities.

For instance say Razorice can get to 10 stacks and can be applied by Remorseless Winter, Avalanche, and Glacial Advance and allow shatter damage once 10 stacks of Razorice is applied using obliterate or Frostscythe.

Also double Frostscythe cost and damage and extend its cap to 8 targets while in DnD. Might of the Frozen Waste should also boost Frostscythe. These would give better AoE while not changing the core rotation too much.

3 Likes

That’s just Maelstrom weapon with extra steps and conditions and would make Frost more of a worse version of Enhance than it currently is.

You can literally double the damage and cost without any extra conditionals and it’d still be pretty bad.

Yeah. Frostscythe needs like 300% damage increase to be the better option at 3+ enemies… which it should be. Increase its cost if you want to which would really just put BoS in an even better spot when it comes to 3+ enemies. That would probably be the biggest buff I have seen in this game. It would need even more if you take MotFW into account.

Completely agree with the Obliteration build being difficult & frustrating to play. Watching procs go to waste because I’m not a robot capable of smashing buttons quick enough just feels awful.

Some thoughts I’ve been mulling over while I decide if I keep playing/switch mains:

Shattering Blade interaction with Frostscythe would be neat and kind of makes sense; you sow targets with razorice then reap them with Frostscythe. (Though I’m definitely no fan of consuming the SB stacks and having to rebuild them)
The Frostscythe discussion itself is a whole can of worms, tbh

Cleaving Oblits via DnD feels awful, still. Was really hoping that would die off with SL but sadly here we are. I still don’t know why only we have to do it. It’s clunky and undermines other skills.

Tech obviously exists for multiple weapon effects (Rune Hunter Torghast power, Rogue poisons via DTB etc) so maybe now we can get multiple runeforges out and kick away the fallen crusader crutch? It’d be such a help for 2h and you wouldn’t have to thumbtack razorice to other skills.

Frostwhelps Aid doesn’t need a football fields worth of range. AoE around the caster like Ancient Drake Breath would be tops. Spell effect for that was easily 1000x better than the little bird flying off to wipe your group, too.

3 Likes

Can I ask why? I personally love this interaction. Drop Remorless Winter, ERW, DnD, then Wade in and weave GA and Oblits die insane damage. I love it

Kudos when you drop Frostwyrm soon as DnD fades

I think it feels fine in PvE as long as the tank does not pull them out of the DnD. In PvP on the other hand feels terrible. People will just naturally move away from it even if they do not notice it rendering it to only 1-2 cleaved Oblits.

1 Like

For me at least, it feels bad because I’m spending a global to only hit one extra target in a limited space. I know its a strong hit, but its only one, so its awkward to use when Unholy gets to hit like seven more targets with its scourge strike. And to top it off, death coil gets a cleave talent with no additional setup.

And just one cleaved Oblit = like 20 Scourge Strikes

Yea it’s only one target, but we’re hitting for massive amounts (upwards of 300k total) in a single global.

I think it’s awesome and it’s why I play 2H Oblit

Because it removes any possible nuance in the AoE rotation. Because it’s tied to DND and if you’re not able to stand inside it for any reason your AoE plummets since it’s tied to cleaving. Because when you actually consider it, Obliterate cleaving doesn’t actually achieve much in the context of “well designed kit”.

I’d rather have actual AoE and actual single target abilities or a design like Havoc/Fury with passive cleave baked into abilities than hoops to jump through to AoE.

2 Likes

Well I’m not saying it isn’t effective, who doesn’t love a couple of juicy 200k+ oblits? But imagine a world where other aoe skills were functional and interact with our kit instead of a non-mastery benefited puddle that’s prone to having targets pulled or moved out of it.

I feel like oblit cleaving just paints the build into a corner where they can’t do anything with it.

4 Likes

HB + Rime + Avalanche
Remorseless Winter + Gathering Storm
Glacial Advance

And these do a “reasonable” amount of damage on their own.

I agree with this. It’s not a well designed kit, but everyone that wants 2H Oblit to be viable are always saying things like “hard hitting harbringer of death” and what not. And I think this style plays into that.

Maybe the could add something onto Rime. It can do the 300% (or whatever the modifier is) to HB, or allow Oblit to cleave outside of DnD, and inside DnD it hits a total of 4 targets?

Wouldn’t change anything drastically. Oblit still wouldn’t really wanna be pressed outside of KM procs

What exactly is “reasonable”? Howling Blast doing 50% of an auto unless you have a proc isn’t reasonable. GA doing 5.4k for me (which is 60% of a FS) isn’t reasonable just because it’s uncapped. RW requiring 2 talents to do 10k over 8s and then another 2 to maybe bump that up to 35k over 15 isn’t reasonable when Survival use WFB and do 25k total over 6s.

There’s nothing “reasonable” about the current state of Frost’s damage, especially when some much of it is depressed due to RNG procs and minigame mechanics like BoS and GS. My 2p 384 Arms can hit 130k Mortal Strikes more consistently than my DK can 110k+ Oblits. Frost has serious design issue and no amount of its damage is “reasonable”.

2 Likes

Edit: never mind, was some late night incoherent rambling lol

I think DW oblit is fine currently in PvP but is simply outshadowed by the strength of Unholy

I’m not too sure we want to go back to naked HB spamming? I think it’s good that it’s proc-based, scythe should be the spammy button

1 Like