System requirements for classic

So have they been released yet?

No

10 characters required…

1 Like

Considering it runs on the modern engine, I assume it would be the same as current WoW. Maybe lower end graphics cards can handle it better, but I expect to see modern processors and OS’s in the requirements.

3 Likes

I’ll probably have to add some ram to my toaster.

And i mean my literal toaster.

2 Likes

Pentium 4.

1 Like

:expressionless:

this joke never gets old.

1 Like

I would expect them to be pretty much the same as legion since that’s the base client they’re going with.

1 Like

Same as Legion (if not BfA), with less disk space.

Legion messed up my PC but my PC is still run by Hamsters (Though if i don’t go to any new zones like new dal azsuna etc, it’s not so bad.)

If you wrote this post from a PC, you can play Classic on it.

If you wrote it on your phone, you can play D:I on it.

6 Likes

I have to add a little ram when the bread doesn’t fit.

2 Likes

Nah, it’ll be pretty close to the original requirements though.

There’s no way, it’s not gonna be the same as legion or BFA. It’ll be far lower because we’re not getting updated meshes or spells…I read somewhere maybe high res textures, but I don’t think so. It’ll be higher for sure, but it can’t be much more than the original.

You could play classic on a Commadore 64 with AOL dial up internet. I’m sure you will be fine.

1 Like

They should be very low assuming you play with authentic Vanilla graphics.

Just wanted to ask a question, if they do go old specs. I.E 1.12 vanilla classic retail whatever, could you play it on your tablet? I know you can run P servers with a Tablet, (My friend did it for leveling / Fishing sorta funny.) So it’s something to consider if blizzard ever gets around to posting this.

Sure a decent tablet or phone today can certainly perform better than a bad desktop 14 years ago.

But you’ll need a modern windows OS to run it so…

But remember they’re using the same servers and backend code as BFA so I doubt you’ll be able to play on a 56k. And using the modern engine and stuff I’d expect higher system requirements than 2004. It won’t be as high as BFA but don’t expect to play on a Pentium 4 and a Radeon 9800 pro.

Are you sure? I know my buddie could run BC / wotlk on her tablet. I do think phones will be out of the question myself, but. Tablets do have decent OS’s. Androids i think do at least, also you can jailbreak them i hear it’s a pain to do that with apple, but the fact that it’s going to intergrated with the whole modern wow 7.3.5 begs the question how strong your OS needs to be to run it.

Blizzard has no official client for an OS besides windows at this point. You can certainly jump through hoops to play it on tablets or other systems though.