Sylvannas =Sisyphus?

She’s A Queen who has cheated death multiple times, after all.

Has anyone considered that Sylvannas might not necessarily be redeemed? Her not being bound to death anymore could actually potentially open her up to void corruption in the not-too-distant future. Perhaps this time she’ll let Azshara feed her a bunch of lies… Perhaps she’s doomed to serve another master whilst stupidly proclaiming that she isn’t serving. Just my 2c

1 Like

I was hoping this would be an Absurdist piece im gonna be honest.

2 Likes

Sorry if I disappointed :thinking:

She reminds me of a more masculine Jack Sparrow.

1 Like

Jesse, what the hell are you talking about?

2 Likes

pretty sure it was mindless undead who are immune to void whispers.
Also, what does any of that have to do with Sisyphus?

1 Like

Man I thought this was a play on words!

I’m still waiting to use Nuvanas approximately.

1 Like

Pretty sure Void no likey Death/Undeath for …reasons

As far as what it has to do with Sylvannas… I’m suggesting that maybe she’s that character for WoW. Trapped in an endless cycle of defeat.

She might be redeemed for now, but could ultimately end up a pawn of some other Cosmic force. Seeing as The Void/Old Gods allegedly feared her so much when she served Zovaal/Death they might want first dibs in recruiting her. She’s already had contact with Xal’atath and there’s her sister running around dabbling in void magic…

Of course all of that is probably completely wrong, but the point is that she isn’t necessarily free or headed for a redemption akin to Illidan’s. Personally I’m holding out hope that they’ll just gather a bunch of wood from Teldrassil, bind her to a pyre and Tyrande will say “dracarys” at which point Alexstraza burns her to nothing. Roll credits

1 Like

That’s not going to happen. Not because Sylvanas doesn’t deserve it, maybe she does. But tainting Blizzard’s A-Team of Jaina and Thrall with an unjustifiable, brutal, torturous, extra-judicial revenge-based execution is never going to happen.

It’s time to let go of childish things. It’s time for everyone on these forums, Reddit, MMO-champ, Wowhead etc. whose default reaction whenever Sylvanas is brought up is “she needs to die a brutal death right now”…that’s not going to happen. That was never going to happen. And you have got to get over it. Because endlessly harping on it is annoying.

2 Likes

Sylvanas stops being a pawn for the Jailer and is made a pawn of the Void instead?

This isn’t a storyline I want repeated.

2 Likes

It isnt Death that the Void dislikes it seems like, it is Zovval and his goals in specific. Also I guess Domination Magic vs Void Whispers, the domination magic wins.

You mean like how thrall electrocuted Garrosh to death while he was restrained?

2 Likes

That was fine because Golden said Garrosh was German Fascist Man.

Meanwhile Sylvanas nuked the partially-Japanese-race Tree

Meaning she’s Woodrow Wilson Genderbent

So she won’t be punished or tried for crimes against Azerothians

This is very obvious.

Plus, punish a literal Gaslight Gatekeep Girlboss? Forbidden.

1 Like

You got it backwards. Garrosh was the one who did the nuking, Sylvanas is the one who genocided an entire race by burning them alive. Oh and conspired to have literally every being in the Universe be sent straight to wowhell upon death. Garrosh doesn’t even measure to Sylvanas’s evil

Garrosh used a bomb on a tower-centered city, that led to Jaina purging the Blood Elves in paranoia

By nuking the tree and all their torii gate moonwells

Exactly lol.

They live in towers and necropoli made of old god blood, wear old god blood as armor, and wield old god blood as weapons – and you think only the mindless are immune?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The ‘Sylvanas is going to be a own of the Void’ train left the station sometime in Legion, you guys need to really let that potential plot thread die. It’s not going to happen.

Given the characters track record and the stories wonky trajectory, I’d sooner expect her to become some bizarre champion of the Plane of Life before she became voidspawn.

One must imagine Sylvanas happy

1 Like