Sylvannas negativity

Just go play TFT, you will get at least one by the end of the 2nd mission.

No it is not. It is outright said. Go read the Illidan novel, actually engage in understanding the character. There is a reason Tyrande and Malfurion were still cold and unforgiving of him even by the end of Legion. Because he is not a sympathetic character, and he wasn’t supposed to be.

Absolutely.

I am a monster to people like you. And I enjoy it.

I’m not replaying a 20 year old game that I’ve already played before. I’m sure you have this memorized, so tell me what he says specifically.

I’m not reading a WoW novel. Give me the bullet points of what he does. I seriously doubt the novel that sets him up to be the sympathetic antihero of the Legion expansion paints him to be who you think he is.

Tell me, person who knows nothing about me, who is “people like me”?

2 Likes

You are not going to educate yourself, but you feel like you have the right to act like you have any clue as to what you are talking about?

That is called ignorance, my friend.

Was Ysera victimized, genuine question, I forget ? However my point is that their victimization is not a part of their personality or a driving factor.

I disagree it doesn’t extend to all women. And pretty much every notable character in WoW is dealing some form of trauma, be they man women or child (maybe except the pandaren, they are zen AF).

No you misunderstood me, I wasn’t talking about his pre-imprisonment backstory. I meant if we got the Maiev missions first and then got to play as Illidan via flashback.

Yes because he has no warm feeling towards her, and neither does she to him. Also it’s not used as a derogatory, it is not meant to insult her it is meant to showcase he has cold feelings towards her.

It’s a mix of both, his tone shift drastically when he speaks with her or about her, but he does also have a very competitive side with his brother, that side he did let go off as seen at the end of Legion where he finally gave his blessing in a sense to his brother essentially saying he was the better man for Tyrande.

Tyrande loves Malfurion because he was the underdog, Illidan was the chosen child with eyes of ember, while Malfurion was the more gentle soul. Tyrande fell in love with Malfurion when she saw him becoming a druid nurturing the wilds and the forest, before that she was kinda split between the two. That and Malfurion rescuing her directly while Illidan was working as a double agent at the time.

2 Likes

I’m talking about lore in the game that I’ve experienced and my reading on it. I’m not paying Blizzard extra money to have the lore argument with you here so I can go around in circles with you. You already have your mind made up, I won’t convince you otherwise. I’m just providing a different reading on it.

Nice twitter meme btw. Maybe you should stay there.

Pardon the personal question but are you male or female irl ? Feel free to not answer, just curious.

Gestures vaguely at Val’sharah

And that is a problem.

The cycle of creation, destruction and rebirth defines the world around us and we as people. Scars, be physical, mental or emotional telegraphs defining moments in our history. Literal fractures, imagine the same on a bowl or rock and try to speculate the event that formulated it.

It doesn’t always represent an end to that objects life, yet they are emblazoned with significance. It is normal for someone to be changed or even defined by their trauma… and the goal for everyone is to use that change to become someone better, not worse. People don’t always do that successfully.

The problem with female characters in Warcraft is, if trauma doesn’t destroy them, then it does nothing at all. That is the trend that doesn’t exist for male characters in the same franchise.

I don’t believe that. Getting one mission of Illidan before getting a whole campaign of Maiev doesn’t make him more appealing. That is just not something I see as significant or true.

But she never refers to him as “Man” in the same derogatory way. Why do you think that is?

Yeah, I don’t believe that. He admitted that knowing that he was literally never comming back to Azeroth. It’s like saying Malfurion is better than a dead man.

Tyrande loved Malfurion because he was genuine and unlike his brother, didn’t obsess over being the most powerful, or wooing her with epic displays of ego. It is a much more mature understanding of what love is… You choose someone and you love them. That is really all there is to it. And it doesn’t matter if you’re the most powerful mage in the Kingdom, or if you are willing to do whatever it takes.

The world is big and scary and you find comfort in whatever arms that will hold you. Illidan was too busy holding himself (hehehe).

2 Likes

Then why are you here?

You bring nothing to the table and I certainly didn’t want to have this conversation with someone who can’t step up to bat.

3 Likes

Because I want to be.

You can stop conversing any time. It’d be appreciated, certainly.

3 Likes

Are you talking to me?

I’m a cis woman.

1 Like

Doness can you use your delete powers and delete this whole thread?

3 Likes

I meant before that but sure that counts.

But that does not apply exclusively to women. Kadghar had to murder his master, fight in the 2nd war and get stranded in outland for god knows how long and yet he shows no signs of emotional scaring, while Greymane is pretty much solely defined by the loss of his son, Gul’dan on the other hand got discriminated against and beaten up for being a cripple leading him to become evil. 3 examples of men being in WoW being what you are criticizing women to be. Khadgar for ignoring their trauma and being a solefull saint, Greymane for his trauma defining him as a character and Gul’dan for his trauma leading him to become evil. Or here is a bonus one Kel’Thuzad became evil because he simply wanted power, direct parallel to Aszhara. I can go on Trall his trauma of being a slave does not define him it was simply a thing that happened, Arthas his horse dying was the beginning of the end, Garrosh his trauma of being weak turned him into a villain who only wanted the strong to survive, Archbishop Benedictos became evil because he wanted more power.

2 Likes

Are you uncomfy?

Don’t worry, this is not about you.

Just deleted one of my own, but I haven’t reached that level yet. I’m getting tired of all of the tension here.

2 Likes

The last thing you guys should do is silence someone else just because the tension makes you uncomfortable. Where is the tension gonna go? Better get it out.

1 Like

I didn’t say I wanted to silence anybody. I don’t feel like I’m being called out.

1 Like

I know you didn’t but that’s the thing, even innocent comments like that telling someone not to be justifiably angry can just make things worse.

Her anger is justified. She’s being justifiably righteous right now.

Amonet and Akiyass are having an interesting debate.

1 Like

Not really true… The Khadgar from WC2 was a lot more serious. Stern. Non-nonsense. Now, that it could be that Blizz just wanted a design change, and if that is the case, we don’t really know how Outland changed him because we have no point of refrence.

Or it can be Khadgar has grown flippant, apathetic, and uses humor as a coping mechanism.

Yet, Genn has had significant development. He has become something of a father figure for Anduin, and he is less proud and less independent than he was in Cata and earlier. As if learning that asking for help is not a weakness. Which was a major character beat in Cata for him.

Sure, that happens. The difference is that has happened to a few male characters. Whereas it has happened to almost all female characters who have experienced trauma.

Every example you just brought up is more complex and more nuanced than any female counterpart. Thrall was born a slave, and then became a slave to the mantle of leadership in the Horde, failing to end the practice of slavery in his own faction, failing to reel in the Warsong and their incursions into Ashenvale, failing to prepare Garrosh for leadership, Thrall IS defined by his trauma, and in one way or another, it has been Trauma he has been unable to escape from.

Arthas’ trauma forcasted his fall from grace. It wasn’t his trauma that caused him to be evil, but it was his trauma the led him to making the decisions he made down the line.

Garrosh was a product of his father’s legacy and it’s Shadow. A Product of the Horde’s tradition of exonerating war criminals and uplifting violence as a virtue. Pair that with a young man with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove… Who has to deal with people questioning his ability to lead… Garrosh’s path makes sense.

These are complexities that are not taken into account if the character is female.

2 Likes

Your bait is pathetic as always Ren. For someone who has me on ignore and says they cut out negativity you sure seem keen to seek it out.

Same thats why I made the joke.
Anyway if you need a hyperbolic time chamber to train and get your power level up let me know… I know a guy. They even provide the music if you want a montage training session.

3 Likes

Sorry, that wasn’t my intention. I just meant I didn’t like how the Story Forums often devolved into personal attacks and chaos. I may just need a break from here.

2 Likes