Sylvanas Sabotage

And if you have listened to Dranosh’ dialogue you would notice that there is nothing left of Saurfang’s son in there. Also becoming an undead at that time meant that you had a 99% chance of being the LKs cannon fodder. Later in BfA we also find out that there are actual consequences of becoming an undead, you start to have murderous tendencies and a lust for blood. Why would Saurfang want that for his son if he understood that he might become a monster ? If you can control that like Zelling did, ok fine your chill, but would you risk your child becoming a cannibal essentially ? Or lets further this, did you know that the undead flesh continues to decompose and that the forsaken need to get replacement parts, did you know that they also did not have a sense of taste and that their body is pretty much a nest of maggots, would you wish this upon anyone close to you ?

Like Anuella said, the prejudice is not at what they are its at what they do.

5 Likes

Please stop inserting identity politics into this. One has nothing to do with the other and I know a lot of LGBT+ people who would find that comparison as offensive or disgusting.

20 Likes

But what they do is they are willing to toss aside the illusion of morality to win, sometimes those are necessary victories because the alternative is annihilation. The stakes of this ongoing fight for survival for the Forsaken are too high to risk making fatal mistakes.

1 Like

If Drek’Thar declining to aid the “Forsaken war machine” on its mission to butcher the innocent is treasonous, how despicable is Sylvanas for committing the Horde to a war she waged for the sole purpose of getting as many of its members killed as possible?

9 Likes

Are you from a country that finds identity politics offensive or a taboo topic?

I’m not, I don’t think it’s a taboo subject.

1 Like

It does when it comes down to victory at Arathi Basin, the Forsaken battleground. If you want the Alliance to canonically win Arthai than that’s your prerogative, but as a Horde we should want to win our pvp objectives.

1 Like

And you find this to be ok? If a living character did toss aside “the illusion of morality to win” I’m sure that Saurfang would not be a fan of theirs aswell. If you have played the Witcher there is a lot of narrative there that goes along something like this “what makes you a monster is not how you look it’s where your morality lies”.

9 Likes

No, I’m not. I’m just tired of them being inserted into everything and they should not be inserted into everything. There is a time and a place for everything, this is not said time nor place.

2 Likes

I disagree, but that’s the beauty of free speech.

1 Like

Renautus is pursuing a dangerous debate in her argumentative course, because she connects - just like baal - characters and their actions with real political problems like misogyny, LQBT rejection and other challenges of our present time, so the discuss will be poisoned in the long run, because we initiate a toxic circle with it, which ends in the identity politics of reality and actually SHOULD have nothing to do with warcraft.

4 Likes

So you believe that WoW needs to have identity politics in it or do you believe that identity politics should be included into everything ? Or both?

1 Like

I believe identity politics are present everywhere and are a normal part of society, and should be talked about openly and not censored.

6 Likes

Poor optics is making someone so controversial the warchief when it isn’t justified, there should’ve been more in-universe pushback then there was. “Radicalization” was already there, in how the fanbase supports its favorites. The reason for mistrust of Sylvanas is obvious. Not showing bigotry against undead in the narrative is one of its problems. By the way, so long as Christie Golden is involved in writing the story there will never be a true feminist agenda in it.

Morality can be subjective but it’s not an illusion.

2 Likes

Ope, there it is. The Classic “they have a place, not where I like to enjoy things because it makes me uncomfy” despite their very real and material effect in all things we engage with. From the games we play to the systems we live under. This is critical analysis, this is the point of this forum, to engage and discuss the story on a deeper level.

Identity politics has its limitations, in the more commonly accepted understanding. Intersectionality is its better implementation, but for here and now it very much has a place.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I don’t understand, how is she not qualified to be Warchief? She’s one of the most decorated and successful military leaders in this entire franchise. She defeated orc invasions of Quel’thalas twice. Furthermore, she’s allegedly a tactical genius.

It seems to me that she has all the qualifications to be a successful and respected Horde Warchief. Her main and only setback is that the Horde as a whole doesn’t trust her methods or respect her.

I mean…imagine thinking that the sexists, racists and misgonists working at blizzard didn’t add such things to the game. Lot of it is in game at one point or another, hence why it gets talked about in regards to the game

You sound pretty unhinged with that statement :eyes:

1 Like

You did not answer the question. And no one is forbidding you from speaking about identity politics, I asked you to please stop inserting them into things where they don’t belong or are not present. Comparing the forsaken, much less the scourge, to LGBT+ people is extremely offensive to those people.

12 Likes

Because her ideals aren’t the Horde’s ideals. Drek’thar going against her proves such.

1 Like

Respectfully, no, I won’t stop doing that.

1 Like

No, it does not make me “uncomfy”, It makes me extremely bored. It’s a fictional world, why does it have to be plagued by the shortcomings and bigotry of our real world.

2 Likes