Sylvanas Needs a Support System

Being predisposed towards negativity can be considered a mitigating circumstance but not a defense. You’re basically advocating that Sylvanas plead insanity, and it should be noted that in the rare cases where someone is deemed mentally unfit to stand trial, they don’t escape consequences for their actions.

Someone who committed the crimes that Sylvanas had, which resulted in many, many deaths, IRL and found not criminally responsible for their actions would still be committed to indefinite institutionalization at a mental healthcare facility. Even if your defense of Sylvanas was found to be 100% admissable, Sylvanas would nevertheless never, ever be free again.

3 Likes

Soul splitting and restoration doesn’t erase what she did. She still needs to give something for her actions, she wasn’t possessed, puppeted or mind-controlled.

6 Likes

Stop white washing a genocidal maniac and a war criminal. Gosh this forum is disgusting.

11 Likes
4 Likes

Exactly.

I don’t see Uther, Gunther Arcanus, Delaryn or the Knights of the Ebon Blade (especially Thassarian) going on a nihilistic cosmic rampage… and they’ve been through the same thing as Sylvanas.

1 Like

You’re right.

Fetch me a weapon capable of obliterating her soul essence. I’ll save us some time.

4 Likes

Let me help you out, she was 100% in control that isn’t what Arthas nor Zovaal took from her.

My point: The control she has is based on the fact that she had her soul was changed and tortured. If what Arthas and Zovaal did to her wasn’t that bad then you are right. If what they did to her was fundamentally soul altering then you are wrong.

I suppose we will see.

A victim still under the effects of her abusers is still a victim.

I actually 100% agree with you. The only point I want to make is that unlike the in-game characters we actually have meta data, if that makes sense.

The only ones that would know what truly happened to her are Zovaal, Arthas and Sylvanas. I really don’t know if they are trying to build Anduin up to know what she’s going through per “Is this what you felt with Arthas raised you? Hollow and consumed by Darkness.” Uther is a close third but he didn’t suffer necromancy, so he may not understand the ill effects that necromancy has on the soul. I fully expect Thrall and others to approach cautiously; Jaina is the only one with a 2nd hand explanation via Uther.

By the end of this expansion I suspect we will have all the meta data we need to know what is truly going on with Sylvanas. I speculate its a little more than “what they turned Sylvanas into isn’t that bad.” I’m expecting the opposite.

You are in left field at this point. What happened is what happened, we literally have witnessed it all for years; at this point I think you may be too far out there for me to reel you back in to the land of understanding. At this point I don’t think you will ever understand my point of view. Which is fine, sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

Fixed

Stop victim blaming those that are forcibly turned into genocidal maniacs and a war criminals. Gosh this forum is disgusting.

Its telling when absolutely no one agrees with you, not even a like from the alt likers in this thread. Maybe 75% would have been a better percentage?

5 Likes

Gonna ignore this thread from now. OP is nothing more than a braindead Sylvanas simp. Grandblade was right, I should never come here in the first place.

7 Likes

2 min later:

this is beyond pathetic. I don’t know if I should lol or feel bad for you.

Screw it :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

What’s ironic is you posting this.

It’s like, you have absolutely zero sense of self-awareness.

9 Likes

You know…the difference between Arthas and Sylvanas is: Sylvanas had atleast a soul, even if its only a part, Arthas Soul was completly Consumed by Frostmourne, he was soulless after he picked up Frostmourne.

I mean, you try so hard to picture sylvanas as only victim of a male abuser, but this doesn´t fit, because Sylvanas HAD A soul, her Soul was NOT Splittet between GOOD or EVIL. Uther even explained it how it works, it feels like a part of your soul is freezen intime, you can´t touch it anymore, its there, you even know its there, but its no longer a active part of you.

Uther himself dismissed all of your points, you tried to blame everyone else, but …Sylvanas bare a big amount of responsibility for all the events under her leadership.

She had feelings, she even could feel love, she even embrassed this feeling from time to time.

Sylvanas isn`t innocent, and revendreth is a fair Fate for her Deeds, she have to pay the price for all the horrible things she had done in the last years, the difference is, now she may be able to really FEEL the horror she unleashed on others…(i don´t think arthas could this, he ´s beyond this Option, because his soul is completly destroyed, consumed by Frostmournes Hunger)

5 Likes

Arthas was evil before wielding Frostmorne. When he had 100% of his soul in tact, he was a horrible person before and after. Sylvanas only turned dark after her soul was torn asunder and her soul tortured.

I’m befuddled.

Why do you keep saying this as if it has ever been my argument; I thought the theory was awful from the beginning and was hoping that cdev didn’t take that route?

I’ve made my pov clear time and time again and it isn’t a complicated view.

Its simply:

Sylvanas had a part of her soul altered, everything decision made, every thought, every imagination dreamed everything has been a product of her soul being torn asunder. We are waiting to see to what extent, but my speculation is Zovaal blasted Sylvanas with more than just eye coloring, and Arthas soul twisting did more than just made Sylvanas emo sometimes.

I’ve never claimed this.

I’ve never claimed this

I’ve never claimed this

Maybe the people that are claiming these things should chime in.

2 Likes

I don’t think Arthas was evil or a horrible person. He definitely had his flaws and insecurities that made him vulnerable to Mal’Ganis’ machinations, and he made questionable decisions in an extreme situation. You could argue that his path was inevitable based on his character ( and I would agree to that to an extent ) but claiming that he was one and the same person before and after taking up Frostmourne is reaching.

Right now that is only your headcanon though. We don’t know yet inhowfar stealing a part of her soul affected her and her decision making and thus I’d say it’s too early to absolve her of all the things she’s done.

14 Likes

The audacity of you of all people saying this.

13 Likes

You seem so surprised. I mean the final cinematic was all about how part of her soul had be stolen. And when it was returned, she had the same eyes as the Ranger General. We have yet to see exactly what Blizzard will do. But this has be top of the list.

1 Like

You noted this in another thread:

But perhaps you missed this tidbit:

Pelagos says: Uther, pardon my asking but… what fate befell Arthas in the end?
    Uther says: At the moment of his death, Devos and I claimed his soul… and cast it into the Maw.
    Pelagos says: Without the Arbiter’s knowledge? So… he might yet have had a chance at redemption?
    Uther says: I will never know. It was not my choice to make. Devos led me down a dark path.
    Pelagos says: Now that I have seen the Maw for myself… I cannot say that any soul deserves such torment.
    Pelagos says: Perhaps some can never be forgiven… but you have shown me that they must be treated with compassion.

As disgusting as it is, any support Blizzard gives to Sylvanas Blizzard will likely also give to Arthas, especially with Mal’ganis back around.

1 Like

If Sylvanas gets a pass, Arthas absolutely should as well. Especially given his portrayal as a tragic character in WotLK.

Note that this doesn’t mean I think either should get a pass. Just that consistency means they should both have similar fates, given their crimes and mitigating circumstances are both similar.

3 Likes

You’re right and I’ve stated as much several times.

I do not know the effects. I’m currently speculating like everyone else, but the premise of this thread is based on premise of Uther’s situation.

Don’t get caught up in the weeds and assume that I’m talking about the exact same effects being placed on Sylvanas. I personally don’t believe that both Sylvanas and Uther went through the exact same ordeal as Sylvanas soul was further tortured by Arthas and I’m currently awaiting those results as well. Meanwhile Uther is sitting in a beautiful golden field with his personal therapist for an eon or two.

I’m looking at it from an over arching standpoint. Zovaal did something bad to these souls by tearing them asunder and it greatly affected them. The specifics I do not know, but if Uther is any example a team of people to help in the mending process would be great.

I hope you are able to clearly see what are my speculations vrs what is canon in my comments; as well as my points. If not just let me know and I will clarify.

I saw that : )

Arthas deserved to be in Revendreth imo. Arhas had underlining issues before picking up Frostmorne.

Sylvanas did not imo.

2 Likes

We don’t know that. With a Sylvanas book around the corner we’re probably going to get a lot of insight as to what personal flaws she had prior to being killed.

3 Likes

Well I certainly know what my opinion is : )

I get what you’re saying tho, Sylvanas could have been secretly evil while she was alive.

*These days I don’t know what to expect from cdev. *

1 Like