Sylvanas is the most moral leader on Azeroth

11/06/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Darethy
Fact: Our lives are utterly insignificant to the greater universe, humanity is not special, you are not special, life is not special. Immortality is numerically impossible, existence is a struggle against the infinite blackness in spite of itself, a Sisyphean task of constantly rolling a boulder up a hill in the name of unattainable progress. Striving for the perfection impossible, we cannot be perfect though even in our darkest moments a part of us would like to believe ourselves so. We live in perpetual agony, eternally unfulfilled with our lot in life, unable to accept reality.

Moons erode, rivers burst, oceans dry, senses reverse, sound becomes obscured, light fades, warmth grows cold, trees crack, mountains cry, bridges break, windows sigh, stars die, hope dies, we die, the universe dies, it is inevitable, impossible to avoid, we are an anomaly in a wasteland of death merely waiting to be snuffed out by the cosmos around us. We live, we laugh, we learn, we play, we build our lives in obscurity, we often die in obscurity, some of us do not even have that.

Our most talented, our most intelligent, die penniless in cardboard boxes, untouched and unloved by anything save the gentle rain that patters against their bodies. Some are different, some rise above others, they call themselves heroes, leaders, men of valor, of honor, of truth and justice, that they want to bring peace and tranquility to our lives. Some of these people are genuine, they want the best for us, for humanity, these are the most likely to fail. Many more are pretenders, thieves, liars, scoundrels by any other name. They go unpunished for their crimes until their dying day, many of them are immortalized for generations to come, never do we question because to see the flaws in these men and women is to see the flaw within oneself.

Ever do they look to the stars for inspiration, to the heavens for their guiding light. Physical or immaterial, we sing songs about the beauty around us, in ourselves, in our culture, because we do not want to see that ugliness within ourselves. We do not try to be better, because to acknowledge being better then what we are is possible is to acknowledge we have always been less then our best, to acknowledge the pointlessness of existence, the pointlessness of one another, the pointlessness of our futures. We lack the wisdom to see that is because existence is pointless, that lives, resources, are finite, that we should strive for the impossible.

That we should try extra hard to push that boulder, to build our society, our nations, our peoples, our families, our friends, into something beyond what they are. That we can see beyond hate and bigotry, that we can live a life in peace where no one has to suffer unjustly, where no person has to live unappreciated and unfulfilled, but this is not a worthy goal to us. We would rather build castles in the sky, fortresses, kingdoms, to lord over others.

The worst of us merely make good impressions of ourselves, we have not even hatred or malice, we have no pride, we simply have apathy. We are walking corpses, dead before we're dead, standing aside the galaxy falls upon itself into an endless death spiral. We care not for the pitiful sounds of others beyond reactions in mock surprise, our souls claimed by the curse of there must be more.

But there is no more, and even stars die.

Look. Have you ever watched the garter belt-clad joy of your life drink sweet nectar from your feet while your heart sways, weak before the frankly orgasmic harmonies of the seventh movement Bach's cantata 140, Gloria sei dir gesungen?

No?

Then don't you go off bad-mouthing the Divine in life.
The mistake is in believing I advocate that life is anything but divine. There is nothing more divine then living, nothing of more importance then life.

But Divinity is not the fruit of tomorrow, it is not the sky above, it is the within, rather then the without.
The inside is a barren warren absent the glow of some outside light. The window might filter the image and shape the final shadow, but everything worth seeing, everything transformative, is from the outside.
11/06/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Bokazgrum
11/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Sattele
Maybe the UK and USA should have surrendered in ww2

Hitler didn’t want war, he wanted peace.

Hitler started the war, Sylvanas did not

Fact: Genn started the war in Stormheim. It's the alliance who should surrender.

Did you even read A Good War or are you just rambling fan fiction?
The outside could be hollow and cold, barren of anything of merit, the divinity of life is that life continues until it's existence simply ceases to be possible even though it knows it's end is inevitable. It is the will, the spirit, of us that is special. Not what we create, not the shadow we cast, but what everything we do has to say about us.

Because we transform the outside as much as the outside transforms us, what we see is not merely a window to the outside, it is a world waiting to be shaped by our hands into whatever we desire. More importantly then that even, it is a connection to the other, we are nothing alone, it is the connection we make we those around us.

A world beautiful, is a world worthless without someone else to share it with.
But Divinity is not the fruit of tomorrow, it is not the sky above, it is the within, rather then the without.

it is a connection to the other, we are nothing alone

So is the other within or without?

That is, should we be concerned with others as they really are--ever more complex than what we understand in the moment--or only with the incomplete shadows they happen to cast into our subjectivity?
11/07/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Feldaran

it is a connection to the other, we are nothing alone

So is the other within or without?

That is, should we be concerned with others as they really are--ever more complex than what we understand in the moment--or only with the incomplete shadows they happen to cast into our subjectivity?

There is a time when I was fascinated with solipsism, the idea that we could only ever be sure of ourselves and that the other really only mattered in their context to us. Since we could not know that another person exists, that they are as 'real' as we are, we should only be concerned with ourselves and how we interpret information.

But as I got older, I found that people, even when they grate against what we believe them to be, are best loved for what they are rather then what we perceive them as. The surprise, the shock, the anger, the hate, the joy, the love, that comes from a person being more complex then what we can ever truly understand is what let's us reflect onto what is inside us, let's us improve, reshape, rebuild ourselves.

The other is special because of what they are, not what we see them as.
Making life altering decisions for people without their consent never will be "morally right"
11/07/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Aelas
Making life altering decisions for people without their consent never will be "morally right"

*Having Children*
Fact: I'm really sad the local Auntie Anne's pretzels closed. Now I have to drive 30 minutes for a pretzel )=
11/09/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Vesiana
Fact: I'm really sad the local Auntie Anne's pretzels closed. Now I have to drive 30 minutes for a pretzel )=

Dude that sucks so much.
11/09/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Eldrethana
11/09/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Vesiana

Dude that sucks so much.

It really does

They have a brand of frozen pretzels, but they are nothing like the real deal
11/09/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Vesiana
11/09/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Eldrethana

Dude that sucks so much.

It really does

They have a brand of frozen pretzels, but they are nothing like the real deal

We got a new five guys opening near me and I’m pretty happy to see how they taste compared to other locations in my city.
is darethy okay? i think he has finally be broken
11/09/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Withpuppys
is darethy okay? i think he has finally be broken

Good.
11/07/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Feldaran
11/07/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Aelas

*Having Children*

Can't consent if you don't exist yet.

*points at head*
██████████████████████████████████████
█░░░█░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▀█▀░▀█░█░░░██
██░██░▀░█░█░▀███░█░▀███░▀▄█░▀░█░██░███
██░██░▄░█░█▄░███░█▄░███░▄▀█░▄░█░██░███
██░██░█░█░█░░███░█░░███░░▄█░█░█░██░█░█
██████████████████████████████████████
███████▀▀░░░▄███████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀
█████▀░░░░▄██████▀▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
███▀░░▄█▄████▀▀░░░▄▄▄█████████████████
███░░█████▀▀░░▄▄██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░
███▄░░░▀▀░░▄▄████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████▄▄▄░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░
████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

@OP.
11/06/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Bokazgrum
11/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Sattele
Maybe the UK and USA should have surrendered in ww2

Hitler didn’t want war, he wanted peace.

Hitler started the war, Sylvanas did not

Fact: Genn started the war in Stormheim. It's the alliance who should surrender.

If Stormheim started the war then why did Sylvanas have to lay out this demented justification of "there won't always be peace so therefore peace is pointless" to Saurfang to convince him to go to war? Why would you have to convince someone to start a war if there was already a war?
Is this one of those satirical humor posts?
11/10/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Belandas
Is this one of those satirical humor posts?
It is, but there are people who legitimately believe this is true en masse on the Story forums.