Swoopy only for classic

I was really excited about this new subscription mount when I saw the wowhead link on discord until I scrolled down and saw there is a pet, too! And it is only for classic. :frowning: It is adorable and wish they would offer it for retail, also.

5 Likes

Back when the rabbit mount was offered as a subscriber bonus, they also included a rabbit pet for WotLK Classic (only) at the same time.

They’ve done this before.

They eventually put the rabbit pet in the Trading Post. Maybe that will happen with this owl pet.

Editing to add: as pointed out by people with better memory than me, it wasn’t the trading post; it was the actual game store.

So maybe this owl pet will also go that way.

4 Likes

Hopefully they will. If it’s not on their radar, I figured a post was worth it since I figured others would like to have it as well.

Actually, wasn’t it added separately as an in-game shop item and not the trading post? I’d rather one that is included with my sub. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe it was the shop. Apparently I didn’t commit it to memory with any specificity. :man_shrugging:

My memory is not great these days, but I do remember gritting my teeth as I pulled out the credit card to buy it (I am part of the problem, I guess) haha.

I’m still annoyed by the fact that I had to buy the most expensive version of TWW, the Epic Edition, to get the pet. You would still get the mount if you bought the mid-expensive one, the Heroic Edition, but you have to pay 90 dollars to get the pet.

2 Likes

But once TWW goes live the pet you get with the epic set will be giving you 3 more copies of it when TWW goes live…its a quest that will pop up when you bring out the pet.

2 Likes

Are they exact copies or do they come in different breeds? Squally as a B/B is underwhelming.

Their respective Wowhead pages show them all as B/B. I am trying to do the quest on the Beta but cannot find the first NPC so far.

3 Likes

Yeah. Kurdran seems to be missing from the spot where the quest directs you to. Thundo is supposed to be in Thaldrszsus where all the Stormdrakes are hanging out, but I couldn’t find them. So I’m guessing until you can first talk to Kurdran none of the other three will appear.

1 Like

Not sure of the breeds but they are 3 different colors as much as I know for right now…

I was finally able to complete the quest to help Squally find their feathery friends.

Here are the stats as shown for all 4 of them at level 25:

3 Likes

Tried it out on the 11.0 PTR, so the quest will be available July 23rd, won’t have to wait until TWW.

Once you accept the quest, their locations are clearly marked on the maps and when you get close, there’s a gold dot to narrow it down. Flash and Thundo were a bit skittish and flew away when approached, but they were easy to grab anyway.

Even if they don’t get used much when battling, they’re very nice looking pets. The extra quest with the Shadowlands collectors edition for the transmog set spawned when the mount was summoned and anyone nearby could grab the quest, curious if this will be the case here also.

2 Likes