Switching OUT of skyriding should be an instant cast

This is coming from the perspective of someone who mostly plays druids. I would be much more likely to use the button to switch in and out of skyriding if the cast time to switch out was instant. If i have to wait 5 seconds to do that, more often than not, it’s not worth the effort.
In Dragonflight if I wanted to have more controlled flying I could instantly shift into my flight form. Now, I would have to land and do a 5 second cast to switch. It feels like I’ve lost an ability that I used to have.
I think it’s fine to have the 5 sec timer to switch back. At the very least, let us switch while in flight. Thats my 2 cents. Please make it so Blizzard.

14 Likes

IMO, it should be instant cast either way. And definitely should not have to dismount to make the change. It just doesn’t make sense that an animal or a machine or whatever that is capable of either “style” cannot seamlessly switch from one “style” to the other.

6 Likes

It should be mount equipment, this toggle is :poop:

6 Likes

I just read this thread, think I like their idea better: Skyriding needs to be mount-by-mount toggle, not one-size-fits-all

8 Likes

That’s fine. Though, it is a bit of “choosing to work harder”. For me, I’d rather just mount once…and if I need to go super fast…boom, I can do it. If I need to hover and be more precise…boom, I click a button to instantly change styles and can do it. I don’t have to set anything ahead of time. I don’t have to dismount and remount.

Again…if the mount is capable of either style, it makes no sense to have to dismount to enable a different style.

2 Likes

I think there’s something about sky riding that bugs the ui just normally that changing the flight style mid flight would be messy. Like it’s already not very fluid as it is.

Does anybody else experience this? When your sky riding and you land and dismount but your vigor charges still show on your screen? There are time I just fly into an instance and load into it with vigor still on my screen.

It’s done this since dragon riding was introduced lol.

I don’t use a lot of addons at all so I don’t think it’s that.

1 Like

This is quite a technical challenge to implement.

The better solution that got suggested over on the beta forums is making the toggle instant-cast with a 5-second cooldown (and possibly making it a requirement to be on the ground when used). This would still accomplish a limit akin to what Blizzard was after without feeling like a hindrance.

2 Likes

I personally feel that it should have a real neat animation to it that kind of feels like you’re transforming, maybe a barrel roll and when you come out of it you’re in flight mode.

Insert the flintstones running sound when your activating sky riding. Hehe

Their Tip toe bowling sound effect for static

2 Likes

id love to assign my flying disc as a old flying mount style and my sand drake as dragon flying style and be able to click which one i wanted and have it preform that way.

3 Likes

just a massive hodgepodge of classic cartoon stuff in there. why not a good ol’ fashioned "CAaAaAaAaAptain CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MAaAaAaAaAaAannn

1 Like

you know how much development time it would take to create that?? Never going to happen.

Classic flight is like that relative you never saw again because your parents phased them out.

Yea, that would be optimal.

Seems this is pretty close to what we had a week ago, no? Some mounts only dragon-riding…some only classic-riding.

2 Likes

what are you talking about? That system never existed ::wave hand around like a jedi::

Exit stage left!

1 Like

I still think this is a system thing, like swapping specs. I feel like because it has to change the entire mount journal, linking the bars to the mounts and unlinking them, that’s why it takes 5 seconds.

Honestly, even as a druid, this doesn’t bother me. Mostly because I had to land and get on my dragonriding mount anyway.

I feel like it should bother me more… :thinking:

But I do wish there was a more elegant option.

1 Like

well… they already have a button to switch between the 2 styles (so i bet it wouldnt take that long) they could just put that button in front of each mount and change the switch cast timer to 0ms and boom!

Druid forms should never have been included in this debacle. Druid forms are spells and part of their lore. They’re not mounts.

2 Likes

Sorry, I know things get lost in text. I’m sarcastically agreeing with you