Switch-hit gamer LF progression fun in SL

It occurred to me just a few moments ago that since I am hoping to find a guild to remain on Llane to raid with, it only makes sense to post this on the Llane forum as well. This is a post looking for recruitment ops, so no need to waste your time if you’re not interested in someone looking for a guild. Anyway, I think the original post says the rest well enough on its own:
[the following is copy/pasted from my original post in the guild recruitment category]

Hello all, I go by camo. My characters are primarily Alliance on Llane/Arygos and Alexstrasza/Terokkar, but I’m open to other possibilities. I’m posting because I am looking for a guild to join for a return to serious gameplay in SL. Not to be “that guy”, but I’m looking for a guild that will be reaching at least AotC every tier. I make that specification because I am tired of joining guilds that have “AotC aspirations” that never pan out because they lack the motivation to fail and improve however many times it takes or can’t bear to bench players who can’t or won’t do what it takes to win an encounter. I’m glad to contribute however I can to a guild’s success in any level of content they choose to pursue, but I’m not going to waste my time again on a guild that will not match that effort so we can succeed.

Please do not take that opener to mean that I am elitist, as I have no tolerance for those environments, either. I’m a laidback and fun loving social-gamer whose ideal is to find a guild where I can make friends and hangout in voice chats regularly, but I’m tired of sacrificing one or the other. Why choose between a fun guild or a guild that thrives on challenge? Call me greedy, but I want to have both this time around and I’m posting here in hopes of finding just exactly that! :smiley:

I’m the guy who picks solo fights with world bosses that take me 26 minutes to down just to see what I can get away with and practice surviving in the mechanics while experimenting with builds and rotations. I’m the guy who picked up new classes to fill needs and to help others figure out how to make the most of them. I’m the guy who saw the tank go down in Galakras, popped Flames of Xoroth to respawn my sacrificed Voidwalker, pulled agro off the DPS with it, Soulstoned the tank, and played kite long enough for the tank to get back on his feet and ready to pull the remaining mobs before my character finally went down. Granted we still failed that encounter because half of the raid couldn’t understand what just happened and had already given up, but THAT was fun to me! I love challenge, I love to learn, and I love to work alongside like-minded people. At this point, though, I’ve also not done any consistent or serious WoW gameplay since early WoD and I’m sure there is a lot to get reacquainted with in progression raiding (mythic+ dungeons also look interesting…).

I miss the fun of progression raiding with friends in guild before the burnout of WoD wiped out most of the guild’s raiders. I miss the hours a week of joking and talking about anything in voice chats just to pass the time on non-raid evenings. So, here I am. Are there any guilds out there that may fit the bill and would like to give me a try? My fingers are crossed for Alliance on Llane! :stuck_out_tongue:

TL;DR: I’ve not played much since WoD and would like to get back into serious endgame for SL. I prefer Alliance, hope for a fun guild to make friends in, and require a guild to be committed to AotC (Mythic progression would be awesome as well, but not necessary) as I’m tired of joining guilds that claim they want it, but never commit enough to finish it.