Swashbuckler Hero Class?

this is me being selfish, but I’d like to see a Pirate/Swaschbuckler Hero Class introduced for Outlaw Rogues. Seeing dispatch replaced with ‘Run Through’ again, along with the Cannon ability that was in Warlords briefly, for those Outlaw Rogues that bought the pirate hats on the trading post.

You all know who you are.

5 Likes

Should be the pirate king lol

1 Like

Cannon Ball Barrage was so much and a great way to introduce something new to Rogues.

Gangplank on steroids.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

Id also like a revised version of Crimson Vial that has a reduced health regulation buff in favor of a brief boost to Stamina, Crimson Ale, and if not that, at the very least a glyph that changes the appearance of Crimson Vial from a drink from a vial to a quaff from an ale mug.

1 Like

Make it a tank spec for Rogue!

1 Like

Okay, yeah… maybe. I was thinking more a hero class/reskin for outlaw rogues for those of us in sound mind who know and understand fully well Outlaw Rogue is the Pirate specialization.

I’d like to see Combat rogues

6 Likes

Please no more pirate themed class design. Rogues are assassins, not pirates. If you’re going all in on the pirate design at least let us use swords with one of the other specs

1 Like

Nah I want full in on the pirate theme :skull_and_crossbones:

I had a thought at some point that pirate-themed Outlaw/Sin hero talents might be a great way to incorporate more mid-range capability to both specs, and it could be achieved with some kind of musket/bow capstone that plays well with the aesthetical overtures of each. I think that’s what they’ll be going for with Fatebound (something about the winds of fate on the open ocean), but, following SL, it’s hard to think about “Fate-” anything outside of the context of Zereth Mortis, Bastion, Oribos, etc. I’m cautiously optimistic that these hero talents will help reclaim that association.

Beyond that, “Swashbuckler” really would be an interesting theme for a rogue tank, as the history of the term sort of includes the idea of a small shield wielded by a scrappy, swarthy brigand. Hmmm…

I am just here waiting for the rogue gunslinger class or bow\dagger spec

I do love my pirate themes! Still wish they would add more / updated story of the Bloodsail Buccaneers.

Ya the run through animation is pretty bland imo. Outlaw should be more thematically geared towards pirates, cowboys (old outlaws), and mercenaries.

2 Likes

Different specs have different run animations?

1 Like

Musketeers!!!

'He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." --Scaramouche, Raphael Sabatini

Outlaw Rogues are pirates.

Deal with it.

…OKAY, in WARLORDS they leaned into it with the Cannon Barrage Talent, that is out of place in ANY toolkit, but it’s supposed to lean more towards a HIGHWAYMAN Aesthetic. Kinda like a Pirate, but more inland, and dropping from treetops onto horsedrawn carriages with pistols.

…STILL.

Transmog checks out

Rogues are not exclusively assassins.

Also sub uses swords on offhand.

1 Like

I have a very good feeling Fatebound is what you want.

Pirate life, the original 1% was all about the direction you took against rule. Fate was your boundary. Fatebound.

Could be overly sentimental here, makes sense to me!

1 Like

I never knew that about Sub.

You want all 3 hero specs that are all assassins? seems boring theme wise.

2 Likes