Swapping gear set for another spec

so ive been considering swapping to BM spec (currently WW), would I need to get an entirely new gear set? or would the stats of my WW gear translate over (as they both use agility as their primary stat) and let me only need to get a new weapon, I know with azerite gear you can pay to reforge them and get different abilities but im not sure if theyre different abilities for the spec you got the gear with or for all three specs, can someone let me know?

Technically you could use the same gear. The secondary stats may not be optimized though but as far as just want to try it out and getting started you should be fine.

Azerite gear, as you said, can be reforged so don’t really need to worry there other than figuring out which traits are best for BM.

Biggest thing to worry about would be trinkets. Depending on what difficulty of content you’re trying to get into the dps trinkets may or may not be fine but if you’re trying to tank higher end stuff you’ll probably need tank trinkets.

1 Like

thank you for the info! im wanting to get into higher end stuff but if I can keep my current gear while I learn it and get used to it ill get better stuff as I go along