SV/BM Hero talents. I am curious

Since SV went melee, Ive felt it should really be BM. You and your pet tearing into something. Full on Beast Lord fantasy. Kill shot can be mixed in just like serpent sting is. You pull out a small crossbow and fire.

Since unless they change it, DR looks… Well it looks darn boring to be honest, im interested to see what the MM/SV and SV/BM looks like. I really hope there is a Beast Lord fantasy thing that happens.

BM and SV hero tree is Pack Leader :smiley: that seems quite Beast Lord-y

2 Likes

Maybe a combo of the two like I suggest? But dont want to get my hopes up since that would be a fundamental change of the specs. And we know their stance on fun.

I don’t think it would fundamentally change anything at all :slight_smile: the guardian / balance tree doesn’t change anything, presumably the ele/enhancement won’t either:)

I still breathe the copium for dual wield in one of those hero specs.

1 Like

I wish they would just let us transmog dual wield over two handlers and vice versa. Other than one talent that interacts with bomb cooldown from auto attacks, the entire spec doesn’t care about auto attack speed.

3 Likes

That would be awesome too. Even just an ability to tmog the two hander into a single one hander would be nice

It will def center around kill command, there is also a possibility that we can get Dire beast procs for survival or maybe a 3rd pet summon for BM and a 2nd pet summon for survival.

I hope they add in the venomous fangs passive and bring back in the sv/beast master ability for spitting cobra maybe.

Im not sure but im intrigued i just hope it more passive and not kill command spamming.

I don’t want BM to be melee at all.
If Pack Leader has any form of Melee Weaving I simply wont ever use it.

I think it will be how the Feral and Resto Hero Power tree is. Just two different tooltips on the same spell.

It’ll probably have a lot to do with Kill Command and Kill Shot though since they’re shared across the specs.

1 Like

it won’t? there’s no reason to think it would, especially as they said hero talent trees won’t change a spec’s fundametnal role :slight_smile:

It’s supposed to be the middle ground between BM and SV. So logically it would make sense to have a melee element, if they wanted to do it.

You wouldn’t consider Arcane Mage a melee spec, yet it’s ideal AOE rotation requires to be in melee for Arcane Explosion.
And the Druid hero talent we saw between Resto and Feral leans into the cat-weaving Resto Druid play style.

but that’s not how any other hero tree has worked. look at the elune tree—it doesn’t make the bear turn into a moonkin or vice versa

I think their primary ability is going to be:

• Dog Whistle: Rile up your pet with a dog whistle, sending it into a sightless rage and increasing it’s damage by 68%, and it’s haste by 30%. While under the effects of the dog whistle, your pet cannot be stopped, it cannot be reasoned with, and it’s rage spreads to all other pets in your party/raid. Has a chance to proc Barbed Shot and Kill Command stacks.

That’s not what melee-weaving really means, what you’re describing is a temporary role-swap mid combat. A melee-weaving Ranged spec is still a Ranged spec. They’re not classified as sometimes Ranged sometimes Melee.

Arcane Arcane Mage is technically a melee-weaving spec in Dungeons. You just don’t think of it in that context since it’s still casting spells and is Ranged structurally.

None of the trees that we have seen are a relation between a Melee and Ranged DPS. That’s probably because they’re harder to figure out a middle-ground with.

For the record I don’t think they will do a melee-weaving spec, because they don’t want to. Not because it doesn’t make sense / they can’t. It would absolutely make sense.

And to the surprise of no one else there isn’t melee weaving in the tree

1 Like

Yeah I had some hopes that Pack Leader would give BM a melee option. Survival Hunter just doesn’t say one with the pack as a melee BM Hunter would.

Survival has more modernized theme than a primal hunter akin with their pets.

1 Like