SV Pack Leader Concern - Kill Command Spam

Triggering Vicious Hunt will cause your pet to use Bite alongside your next Mongoose Bite, but won’t if Bite is already on cooldown.

I don’t know about you but I have my pet set to auto cast bite whenever it can. Chances are, when I cast my Mongoose Bite, Bite will already be on cooldown, and therefore my pet won’t attack with me.

I think Pack Leader is fun don’t get me wrong, but needs to work more in tandem with the hunter AND the pet. What if the next Mongoose Bite triggered a Flanking Strike at half effectiveness? Or increased the damage of your next Flanking Strike by a stacking amount (5% or 10% per?)

Something along those lines.

Huh? Yes it will. Pack Coordination triggers the Basic Attack regardless of its cooldown. That’s the entire point of the hero tree :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Does it? Huh, didn’t know that. It didnt seem to during Coordinated Assault. Didn’t notice the damage of Bite in details being that high, seemed like it was only proccing whenever it wasn’t on CD?

It 100% does, very easy to test too :smiley:

1. go to a training dummy
  2. turn bite/claw/smack off of auto cast
  3. use kill command once to build a stack of VH
  4. use kill command a second time to spend the stack of VH and build a stack of pack coordination
  5. manually click bite/claw/smack on your pets action bar to use bite/claw/smack, which places the ability on 3 second cooldown
  6. use raptor strike which will trigger pack coordination, causing your pet to use an immediate bite/claw/smack regardless of its cooldown

mostly because it actually doesn’t contribute a lot of damage. the benefit to those extra pet basics for SV is the increased uptime on Howl of the Pack which is 33% more critical strike damage for you

2 Likes

That’s a shame really. Would you happen to know the benefit of Beast of Opportunity for Survival? The damage is so abysmal that I don’t run it, I only run Furious Assault. The pet from stables for 6 seconds sounds like something that would only benefit BM.

yeah, you said it best yourself—it’s abysmal. especially with the recent ferocious assault buff. basically think about it like this: once every 2 minutes (or 1 minute with symbiotic adrenaline) you summon a pet from your stable that makes 3 very weak auto attacks and then leaves

1 Like

beasts of emotional support

1 Like