Sv hunter question

How is survival Hunter are they fun to play ? Do they have decent damage and survivability? Are they good at taking on mobs ?

Thanx

Most fun spec in the game.

BUT it’s mostly designed for PvP. In PvE, unless you want to (and it will rarely be worth it), you’ll likely never use its full kit.

It does really good damage (in PvP), has great mobility, lots of utility, and decent defenses.

In PvE, you’ll likely feel outclassed by other melee and wonder why you’re not just using one of the ranged specs…

2 Likes

Based on KSM players they have good AOE damage, and good single target damage. They are not world first or that 0.1% dps class that basement dwellers looks for but don’t worry about that. Personally I don’t care about the numbers I play without addons, but they perform really good for me in keys and everything

Now gameplay or style of gameplay is interesting. You have many variety of pets, your can be melee and have small advantage over other melee.

Downside but f hunter class, again based in forum dwellers , and try hards is that they don’t bring anything to raid group. And if you’re running for mythic world first that may take away raid spot from you.

Like he said it’s definitely one if the not funniest specs in the game

1 Like

As a dungeon crawler or raider you mostly focus single target adds. Grenades, butchery and furry of eagle are the only aoe useful things to use. Still better to focus on an add than a mob. Pick out the toughest or spell caster in a mob and cc them and cleave them down, use grenades and furry of eagle single target, butchery is barley used

Imagine Arms having a child with a Rogue, with a hint of DH and you’ve got SV.

In M+ and Raid you can certainly hold your own an top the meters. As for PvP, I hear they do quite well.

Thier survivability could be buffed slightly by either lower CDs or more %heal/mitigation, however I don’t feel they’re the worst in the game.

1 Like

wdym? the only thing you really don’t hard cast is serpent sting and even then, it’s applied through viper’s venom or volatile bomb

thankfully SV does more damage than BM or MM atm :smiley:

Oh… Just things like 4 gap closers (one with a ridiculous 50-yard range). You’ll be using the buttons but more just got the damage and not the hyper mobility. You won’t get the joy of a harpoon trap, off DPS scatter, burst on primary target…

I don’t really PvE, so maybe I’m wrong. I just notice a lot of people poop on SV in PvE and I won’t if it’s because they don’t really experience the full amazingness that is “melee” hunter.

I think there was a miscommunication here, it looks like OP was asking about PvE and not PvP. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: As you said, PvE SV still uses all their buttons.

na, in PvE your gonna top meters ALWAYS against all melee/range specs. SV has such consistent damage that it doesn’t matter if is a 2, 4, 6, 8 (higher than 10 soft cap starts to hit) youre gonna always do a respectable damage

1 Like

maybe i should give it a try the spec does sound fun is it hard to learn and master